Chapter 6 - Teach Me.

"So, do you want to come round my house after school, angel?" Alex asked me during lunch as we were walking outside together.

"Um.. I don't know if my parents would like that," I said hesitantly. Letting Jack be able to drive me to school on his motorbike was hard enough but asking to go round a guys house, who they don't know I'm kinda "dating" is worse and I don't know if they'd let me.

"Oh come on, it'll be just for a few hours."

"Alex, they're not so keen with me and boys.." I said.

"We're dating, I'm sure they'll be okay with it, right?" That's the problem, I haven't told them yet. My parents are very strict with me dating, I've never had a boyfriend before because A) I went to an all girls private school and B) my parents don't want me to date a boy who isn't a Christian and I know for a fact Alex isn't anywhere near being a Christian.

"I-I.." I couldn't get my words out, I didn't want Alex to get mad at me.

"You haven't told them?" He asked looking more hurt than mad. I bowed my head and nodded with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, I want to but my parents are very strict and only want me to date Christian boys and you're hardly a Christian," I sighed.

"Or you're just ashamed of me and don't want your parents to know," Alex muttered to himself.

"No, no way is that true!" I shook my head. "Alex, my parents are very strict and it's very difficult to please them sometimes."

"Won't they be happy for you that you have a boyfriend?" Boyfriend?

"You've never call yourself my boyfriend before?" I started to smirk, I'm sure he didn't mean to say it, he just slipped up.

"That's not important right now," he sighed, trying to dodge it.

"No, you said boyfriend," I teased.

"Yes okay, I said boyfriend..so?"

"I didn't think we were at that stage of labelling what we are?" I questioned.

"Ana we aren't talking about that right now," he was still trying to avoid that conversation. "Are you ashamed of me?"

"No Alex, I'm not ashamed of you at all but like I said my parents aren't easy and it's hard for me to please them.." I sighed. I couldn't believe Alex thought I was ashamed of him, I honestly thought it would be the other way around.

"Please come round, I want to introduce you to my mum," he begged with puppy dog eyes that I couldn't resist.

"What about your dad?" I asked and Alex immediately tensed up. Did I say something wrong? Does he not get along with his dad?

"Umm, that's a story for another day.." he muttered and then smiled like nothing awkward had happened.

"Okay, I'll ring my mum now and ask her!" I smiled at him and Alex grinned back at me like an excitable child.

I grabbed my phone and rang my mum, it was lunch so I wasn't doing anything wrong but being on my phone.

"Hello sweetie," my mum answered after a couple of rings.

"Hey mum, can I asked you a question?" I asked hesitantly, not knowing what her answer would be.

"Of course!" She cheered.

"My friend Alex wants me to go round his house with some friends straight after school, is that okay?" I asked. Alex glared at me when I lied to her, especially about me calling him my friend. I feel bad because I want my parents to know but me and Alex have only just begun whatever it is between us and I want to figure out what it is before I tell them the truth.