7

•The Ball pt. 7•

POV: Ciel's POV

As I stood near the corner of the ballroom, I feel a sudden presence behind me.

"Well?...," I begin.

"Nothing out of the ordinary, My Lord," Sebastian replies. "Although... when I did find Lady (L/N), she was emerging from the forest."

"How strange..."

"Indeed, My Lord."

A silence falls between us as we watch the couples parade around the room to a lively foxtrot of sorts. My mind wanders to Lady (L/N), and how peculiar her actions are. "Why would a lady of her stature need to go to the forest at this time," I mumble to myself.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," Sebastian replies.

I get snapped out of my train of thought when I hear a piercing screech from across the hall.

"OHH CIELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

I look up to see a bundle of pinks, ribbons and lace haul towards me. I internally wince at the headache that is bound to appear any moment now.

"Great."

"OH CIEL, I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN SOOOO LONG," Elizabeth screams at me while attempting to jump into my arms. I swiftly move to the left as she falls into the granite floor.

"That's not very nice," she mumbles into the ground, but briskly recollects herself and stands to face me.

"Did you forget all about me, Ciel?" Elizabeth begins with a pout.

"Unfortunately, no."

"YIPPEE!!" She exclaimed hopping up and down. In all honestly, I did forget about her momentarily. Since getting out of our own arranged marriage and nudging her parents towards a more suitable candidate, I haven't spoken to her since their nuptials.

"Oh Ciel, you must remember Arthur," Elizabeth begins excitedly as she grabs a man by the elbow and drags him towards our conversation.

"Clark." I say and nod towards him.

"Phantomhive." He replies. The Clark family is known for being landlords, having a portfolio of over 50 pieces of land across Southern England. His father was a dodgy man so it's relief to have his son in charge of the business.

"My darling, you must dance with me," Elizabeth exclaims as she drags her unfortunate husband away.

"She's still full of energy, I see," Sebastian says with a smirk, "And to think you could've been the lucky one to marry her." He continues with humorous undertones in his voice.

"Enough Sebastian."

"Apologies, My Lord."

«————————//————————»

POV: 1st Person

I roam back towards the ballroom not forgetting to ask one of the gardeners to pick me a fresh bouquet of roses for my room.

As I enter the grand hall, I watch over the guests enjoying their night; dancing, drinking and conversing. As I watch on as I feel someone behind me as they speak.

"It's getting late, My Lady," Phillips begins. "Perhaps you should wrap things up."

I turn to face Phillips, his white-gloved hands folded behind his back and his expression as stoic as ever. He's been with me for generations, and his presence is a reassuring constant in my life.