Chapter ⅠⅠ

"oh.."

Neuvillette stared at the flowers left on his desk. "Sooo..? Who are they from!!" Furina asked curiously.

It wasn't rare for Neuvillette to get delivered love letters and such but this is the first time it's been hand delivered to his office.

Neuvillette furrowed his eyebrows as he picked up the small note hanging onto the flowers. "I was walking around the city and saw these. They reminded me of you. When can we see each other again? - Wrio"

Neuvillette felt his face get warm. "Ooo~ whose Wrio?" Furina smirked as he peaked at the letter from behind Neuvillettes shoulder. "I don't believe that's any of your business." Neuvillette placed the note in his pocket before looking at the flowers.

They were blue with a white fade that looked like it was sparkling. "You know if you have a mate I'm required to know about it!" The hydro archon said firmly, trying to get a reaction or possibly a slight hint of who it could be.

"I do not have a mate and if I did you'd have no business knowing who it is." It was silent for a bit while Neuvillette arranged the flowers to go into a vase and Furina continued to ponder.

"Oh.my.god! I know who it is!!" Furina gasped and stood up swiftly. "It's Wriothesley! Wrio is short for Wriothesley!" Neuvillette turned to face Furina, not sure if he wanted to bite his tongue and lie or be honest. He wasn't even sure if Wriothesley wanted others to know. But Furina could be trusted... Right?

"Yes you are correct. Though he is not my mate." Furina's expression of excitement turned into a confused face. "Then you do know he fancies you?" Neuvillette nodded "He confessed his feelings to me a couple days ago."

This only made Furina more confused. Did Neuvillette really reject Wriothesley? "Wait, so you rejected him?" "More or less yes." Furina slammed her hands on the table in utter shock "What?! Why? I thought you liked him?" "I do"

Neuvillette grabbed his wine glass and took a sip of his water watching closely as Furina was feeling so many emotions at once. Eventually however she sat back down "Okay, so walk me through what happened."

"Well he asked me to meet up a few days prior, which is when he confessed his feelings towards me. In return I rejected him and asked him if he'd wait for me.

After that he's been giving me gifts and love letters. Such as these flowers. I believe that this is his way of telling me he still has feelings for me. Though that's just a guess on my part."

Furina nodded and hummed. "That's so like you" she sighed "Why didn't you just say yes?" Neuvillette furrowed his eyebrows looking at her intensely.

"You know why" Furina simply stayed quiet. "Do you really want to go through the rest of his life span knowing you love him and having to watch him slowly fade away?" Her words cut deep.

It had been like this each time he'd ever been Inlove. Though it wasn't like he fell Inlove every month or so, more like it's only ever been twice in his 500 years..

He felt the pain of losing the one he held dearest once and he's not willing to go through that again.

"Wriothesley is only human. He will lose feelings over time and he will find someone else. Though it might be a while for me, I'll do the same. Eventually he'll forget all about me and I him."

Furina subconsciously rolled her eyes. "Thats bullshit and you know it." "Furina" Neuvillette gave her a harsh glance. "It's true though"

"Wriothesley loves you. And you love him. Why don't you spend the time you do have together with each other?"

"You don't understand." Neuvillette sighed at her ignorance. No matter how often he explained it she never understood.

"Dragons mate for life. If I were to indulge this little crush i'd suffer the consequences of it when Wriothesley did.."

He cut himself off not wanting to admit to the fact that Wriothesley can die. That he will die eventually.

"I'll never understand you. But I do know that you will regret this. You'll be spending the next century wondering why you didn't take your chances."

Furina pushed and pushed even though she knew her efforts weren't changing anything.

She might not be able to change Neuvillette's mind but there's someone else he might be able to talk to that has some basic common sense..

He stayed silent. He knew she was right but he'd never admit to it.

"Fine, be that way. You'll realize how wrong you are eventually."

Furina shrugged taking one last look at Neuvillette before disappearing.

...

"Wriothesleyyy~" The hydro archon yelled out as she stood outside the duke's office. She could hear him sigh from the other side of the door before telling her to come inn.

"What do I owe this displeasure?" Wriothesley said putting down his paperwork to look at Furina.

"Awh you know you've missed me." She said teasingly only to be given a blank look.

"Alright then. I need you to get together with Neuvillette. Marry him for all I care. Just do it."

Wriothesley stared at her.

"I'm sorry, what?"