Chapter VII

Word Count: 1458

I really really need to think of a plot because right now I have like 9 drafts of chapters I didn't like.

Sorry this is short but just wanted to say that I'm back and I'll be posting hopefully more often!

-

Neuvillette and Sigwinne sat in Wriothesleys office, she was talking about something but his heart was beating too loudly to hear anything she was saying.

After his eye-opening conversation with Navia he decided to stop rejecting Wriothesley a bit. Not actively getting together with him but just testing things out.

Being what Furina would call a 'tease' Though he didn't like being described that way.

"-so I'm not entirely sure. What do you think I should do?" Neuvillette snapped out of his thoughts and looked at her.

He hadn't been listening so he had zero Idea of what to respond with.

"Well I..." Before he could say another word he was thankfully interrupted by Wriothesley walking in.

Wriothesley smiled brightly at him "You can go now Sigwinne. Me and Neuvillette have personal business to attend to."

If you couldn't tell, that was an obvious lie. Neuvillette had randomly decided to stop by. The Duke just wanted an excuse to be alone with him.

She nodded and said her goodbyes before leaving.

"Neuvillette, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Wriothesley sat down a bit nervous as it wasn't normal for Neuvillette to drop by unannounced.

"Nothing serious. I just wanted to see you. Your gifts and letters stopped.. So I wanted to make sure you were alright."

It had been a week since their last encounter --A month since Wriothesleys first confession-- and true enough Wriothesley hadn't made any effort to contact him since.

Wriothesley sighed feeling better knowing it was nothing bad. "I'm sorry, I've been caught up here and if I'm to be honest you didn't seem to want to speak with me the last time we met"

He smiled, a bit of nervousness laced in his voice. Last time they met, Wriothesley had been surprised when Neuvillette invited him to sleep in his bed.

He thought he was finally getting through to him but Neuvillette had quickly kicked him out of his house the next morning.

So it made Wriothesley wonder if he came on too strong? He's well aware that Neuvillette struggles with romantic things.

Possibly due to his lack of confidence. So he decided to give him some space. Perhaps that was the wrong action to take.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I hope you can forgive me." Neuvillette rubbed a piece of his hair between his fingers.

The duke chuckled "Of course, Neuvi. Was that the only reason you came here?" Neuvillette nodded avoiding eye contact.

Wriothesley felt his heart flutter. He had come just to see him? Surely that's not meant to be a platonic thing, right?

But now that Neuvillette was here he did want to ask something. Sigwinne had suggested he did some research about dragon nature before actually getting involved with a dragon.

Although it was hard to find accurate books, and the melusines didn't want to help him due to it 'being a topic they should discuss alone'.

All he really knew was that dragons mate for life. He found that rather romantic.