Chapter IV

"No."

Wriothesley whined again, "Why nottt?? If I'm gonna wait for you I deserve a preview of what I'm getting!"

Neuvillette slapped him.

"That's not how life works. You're not getting anything from me." Neuvillette said coldly while Wriothesley stared at him in shock.

"That hurt!!" "Stop being such a baby."

He pouted. "Since this is all Lady Furina's doing I have no reason to be here any further. Good night Wriothesley."

Neuvillette turned around and started walking away. Only to be stopped when Wriothesley hugged him tightly.

"It's already so late.... How about I spend the night?" Wriothesley smirked as he whispered in his ear.

Neuvillette sighed. "Fine. But no more of.. whatever this is. I don't want Furina to meddle in our relationship." Wriothesley let go of him.

"Our relationship? You make it sound so official." He smiled as he took Neuvillette's hand in his own as they started walking.

The dragon stayed quiet for a while. "Does this mean you're done asking me out? I hope you know the awnser by now." Wriothesley nodded.

"For now anyways." Neuvillette gave him a glare. "Seriously.. What is with you today?" The taller shrugged.

"Dunno, guess Furina's attitude when she came to see me wore off on me." Wriothesley smiled brightly at him. "Do you not like it when I act like this?"

"I prefer your more romantic side.. But I suppose you clinging onto me like this isn't the worst." This only made Wriothesley smile wider.

"I have a romantic side??" Neuvillette looked at him confused. "Mhm, I think so atleast. The night you asked me out was quite romantic. Was it not?"

Wriothesley thought back to that night.

"-So you do love me."

"It's okay. I'll wait for you"

"However long you need my beautiful dragon. I'll wait for you."

"Hm I guess I hadn't realized." Neuvillette wrapped his other hand around Wriothesleys to hold him closer

"I see.."

The silence was comforting as they continued to walk hand in hand.

Every so often breaking the silence to talk about some random subject.

-

"Here we are. Please ignore the mess, I haven't been here in a while."

Wriothesley looked around at Neuvillette's house. It looked big from the outside but even bigger inside.

And it was all so fancy too..

"I.. how much do you make a year Neuvillette?" Wriothesley eyes the door frame into a dining room that was laced with gold.

"I'm not entirely sure. Why do you ask?" Wriothesley took one look at Neuvillette and then the massive room beside him.

"No reason.."

"Do you like the place? You look like a child inspecting their brand new toy." Wriothesley chuckled. "Yes I do."

"I guess I didn't expect it to be so fancy." Neuvillette took off his coat as he followed after Wriothesley who was admiring the place.

"It was a welcoming gift from Furina when I first arrived in Fontaine. I always thought it was a bit to big.. But when the Melusines began arriving as well, the place seemed too small."

"The melusines visit you often I presume?" Wriothesley said picking up a sweater that looked like it belonged to a child.

"Yes. I bit to often for my taste.." Neuvillette looked away "but I suppose the place gets rather lonely without them."

Wriothesley looked at him. "This whole place is basically half as big as Meropide.. It looks brand new to be 500 years old."

"It does. I'm not quite sure how that works considering I don't spend much time at home."

Wriothesley nodded before falling deep into thought. Maybe just a bit of teasing wouldn't hurt.

"So.. Wanna show me your bedroom?"

He gave Neuvillette a wink and a smrik. "Do you want me to slap you again? You'll be sleeping in the guest room."

Wriothesley sighed "it was worth a shot. But what if I have a nightmare? Won't you let me sleep with you?"

"You're a grown man Wriothesley." Neuvillette looked at him with a cold gaze.

"Come on. I'll show you to your room." Wriothesley quickly ran after Neuvillette who had already left the room.

They walked up the stairs into the second floor. Wriothesley took a quick look at the hallways there.

They were filled with artwork and each room had 3-5 names written on the doors. Not to mention completely different aesthetics.

Those much be the Melusines rooms. Wriothesley smiled to himself. 'He got them their own rooms? How cute! '

They continued up another flight of stairs and walked down a much more plain hallway.

"Here you go. Bathrooms through that door and.. I'll be at the end of the hallway if you do have a nightmare." Neuvillette muttered that last part but Wriothesley heard it clear as day.

"Thank you Neuvi" He nodded before turning to leave the room.

"Wait! No good night kiss??" Neuvillette sighed for the 100th time this night. "Good night Wriothesley." He closed the door behind him leaving Wriothesley alone.

"Awh.. I really wanted that kiss..."

-

Neuvillette closed the door to his room. Slowly falling down leaning against the door.

...

'What the actual fuck just happened.'

Neuvillette thought back to the entire day. His face turned red and his heart was practically beating out of his chest.

Wriothesley that bastard!

How could he so mindlessly ask for a kiss like that!?

Neuvillette hid his face in his hands as he contemplate his entire life. How did it get to this point..

Wriothesley is in his house

Wriothesley is literally 3 rooms down, inside his house, sleeping.

'...does he sleep with or without clothes? I mean.. '

'there's only one way to find out-'

Neuvillette slapped himself.