Prologue

"Regrets"

A bright and powerful purple light flashed his eyes in the span of half a second

Something's off.

« I refuse to do any work for free. »

Normally I would've said that and hightailed it out of there.

Toji Fushiguro's tired eyes looked up into the light blue eyes of the person in front of him.

Yet the freshly awakened wielder of the Limitless technique was right before my eyes.

He was probably the strongest Jujutsu sorcerer of the modern age.

I wanted to reject him.

I wanted to bring him to his knees.

I wanted to take down the pinnacle of the Jujutsu world and the Zenin clan that rejected me.

I twisted myself to try to affirm myself.

That was the moment I lost.

His weak arm slowly raised in a failed attempt to touch his wounded body, to feel where that sharp pain came from. But his fingers touched nothing, only drips of blood shed on it. Half his body was gone.

How funny. He would've never imagined dying like that. He looked into his bloody hand.

I thought you had abandoned that pride.

After all, she used to complain a lot about it. She... a headache took him as an image of his late wife and child popped up. He remembered this day. He remembered them. How he chose to live for them. And how he decided to live after them.

I thought you had chosen to live without respecting yourself or anyone else.

"Any last words ?"

Toji smirked hearing that voice as a drop of blood escaped from his lip. The honored one was standing just in front of him, after he defeated him. Maybe Toji was never a match for Gojo Satoru after all.

"Nah."

« Ehh, I could've bet it would be a girl... » the voice echoed in his hand as he recalled that smile and soothing laugh.

« What would you have named her if she was a girl ? » he had asked.

« Megumi... it's a beautiful name. But I guess we'll have to choose another- »

« Megumi is just great. » he cut her off delicately touching the cheek of the baby with one hand. Her lips parted in surprise before she smiled.

« You're right, Megumi is perfect... »

Toji's eyes shot open at the sudden flashback. Why do I remember this now ?

Megumi...

She would hate me if she knew how I treated him.

The result of our love. Her precious son.

"In two or three years, my child will be sold to the Zenin family. Do as you please."

Should I tell her I secured a future for our son at last ?

Nah... how would I... we aren't going to the same place...

Her pure and kind soul better have a safe place in heaven... or I'll fight the gods to offer her what she deserves. And me... I'll go down for what I did... but I feel no regret, I needed money right ?

No, I do have regrets...

And just like that he died.