Thirteenth

"Official"

They stayed in each other's arms just cuddling, he delicately stroking her arm or her hair while she tightely hugged him like he could disappear if she let go. After 30 minutes he decided to leave her embrace before she fell asleep because she still hadn't eat nor taken any medics and it started to make him worry.
"I'll just go out to buy something nice to eat and some medics, I'll be right back." He had kissed her forehead as she bit her lower lip. She couldn't help but worry, last time they had sex and separated, he disappeared for a month. "I'll be back in no time Kei I promise." he added seeing her facial expression, he hated the fact that he made her insecure about this. He kissed her lips to seal their promise before leaving the room. She laid down gripping the blanket as she smelled his scent on the sheets.

He cameback 40 long minutes later holding multiple plastic bags, she frowned trying to stand up and help him but he cleared his throat before shaking his head. "I'm alright just stay in bed." He managed to say despite the fact that he was holding a bag with his mouth.
"I didn't know what you would like to eat so I ordered multiple things..." she laughed seeing him so overwhelmed and they took the evening to taste the different food he brought and watched Fight Club like how they were supposed to one month ago. He gave her all sort of medics and this night she slept in his arms, happier than ever.

She woke up in the morning with a different scent this time. Pancakes. She moaned at the nice scent as he entered the room. "Don't moan like this it's making me horny." he teased bringing the plate in front of her. She giggled before pecking his cheek.

"Thank you Toji." she said with her usual heartwarming smile, that never failed to mesmerize it. He took her chin between his fingers and leaned in to properly kiss her on the lips.

"It's better when it's on the lips." he said as she faintly blushed. He silently watched her eat without getting tired of it, she was quite embarassed to have him stare at her but she was more hungry so she tried to brush it off.

"It was delicious!" she exclaimed clapping her hand. "I didn't know you were good at cooking Toji." she smiled.

"I'm not.." he shrugged. "I looked up the recipe on... anyways." He cleared his throat causing her to giggle.

"Well I'm going to shower and brush my teeth, I still have time before my shift starts.." she sighed removing the blanket.

"You ain't going to work." He frowned putting his hand on hers, her lips parted at his serious tone.

"But I have to..."

"You have to rest for now, you passed out just yesterday because of how exhausted you were." He cut her off upset, he'll never understand why she was so obsessed with working.

"I feel better now thanks to you! I swear I'll be alright Toji!" she looked at him in the eyes to try to convince him.

"Why are you so obsessed with going to work everyday?" he muttered before clicking his tongue. She heard it and bit her lip looking down, but he used his finger to raise up her chin. "Talk to me." He said. She sighed, at first hesitating but she knew he was not going to let her go if she didn't have a valuable excuse.

"I— I don't want to talk too much but... I have many debts..." she admitted ashamed. His eyes shot open in surprise, or more like in confusion, how could this happen?

"Why?" he asked.

"Toji I swear it's not important I..."

"Just answer Kei." he frowned as she sighed in defeat.

"It's just my.. dad... he used to gamble a lot." She explained.

"Then why isn't he paying the bills."