OPEN ARMS

The first second or so makes it clear: Polites and Odysseus have arrived on the island, and are in what seems like a forest/jungle. Most of the music is just nature-sounds as well.

You can relax my friend.
Huh
I can tell you're getting nervous
So do yourself a service

Ok this doesn't have to do anything with analyzing the song but I just like to imagine Polites and Ody just walking around and Polites out of the blue says 'you can relax my friend'.

And try to relax my friend
I'm fine, Polites
Think of all that we have been through
We'll survive what we get into

Ahum. Okay I'm not going to say what I wanted to say (You might've already guessed it lol)

Anyways Polites has a good feeling about this because they've already survived 10 years of war.

I know that you're tired of the war and bloodshed
Tell me is this how we're supposed to live
Look at how you grip your sword enough said
Why should we take when we could give?

Gods I love Polites. The only thing extra in the music is a beat at idk how many bpm, but it makes this verse stand out from what has already been sung.

Polites is just trying to convince Ody to take things a bit less aggressive.

You can show a person that you trust them
When you stop and lower your guard
Here we have a chance for some adjustments
Give it a try it's not that hard

I'm telling you
This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms
Whatever we face, we'll be fine if we're leading from the heart
No matter the place we can light up the world
Here's how to start:
Greet the world with open arms

'Open arms' is Polites ideology. He's very clearly trying to convince Ody to have the same ideology, but Odysseus thinks something else. Also, 'light up the world' can be a lil nod to a cut song, 'Your Light'.

Welcome!
Stay back! Stay back
My friend, greet the world with open arms

Lotus eaters!

Polites is reminding Odysseus to not be so distrusting and aggressive at first sight, because after we hear the 'welcome', we hear the sound of a sword leaving its scabbard, fast. The music also entirely changes, the happy jungle music is now gone and is replaced my a more intense and serious choir.

We're only here for food
Food
Six hundred friends are waiting, for us to show our faces.
Stay back, I'm warning you!
Food
If we don't get back safely, my men will turn this place into blazes.
Here you go!

I don't think I need to explain a lot, the lyrics give it all away.

Also, the 'here you go' is the lotus eaters giving Ody and Polites food. What food? Lotuses.

See?
This life is amazing, when you greet it with open arms
Whatever we face, we'll be fine if we're leading from the heart
No matter the place, we can light up the world here's how to start
Greet the world with open arms, greet the world with open arms!

Just the chorus, however now it's supported by some backing vocals from the Lotus Eaters, and Polites now sings entirely in chest voice instead of the high parts in head voice like he did in the first chorus. The 'happy' music is also back.

My friend, I wish that I could say that I agree
But look at the way this fruit is glowing and filled with glowing seeds
It took me a while to notice just what kind of fruit they eat
It's a lotus, it controls your mind and never lets you free.

That's what we'd get with open arms.

So much in these five lines! Ok so first of all, the fruit is filled with glowing seeds and glowing itself. That is the 'fire' Ody, Eury and Polites saw in FSA. There's no smoke, because it's not a fire at all.

Mythology lesson No.2! Lotuses in Ancient Greece were flowers instead of fruits that, once eaten, would make you forget your friends and family and your goals, making you want to say in the place. Lotus eaters would lure sailors to their place and never make them leave. In the original Odyssey, some men (not Odysseus and Polites) went to scout the island, but ate the lotuses and didn't return. Odysseus had to drag the men home, and they continued their journey.

Also, Odysseus makes clear he doesn't want to accept the 'Open Arms' mindset, because of the danger that was around the corner if they ate the fruit.

ALSO, the music gets some guitar, because well.. Odysseus :).

Lotus eaters, I'd like to show my friend that kindness is brave
Could you tell me where there's other food to eat?
A cave!
A cave? You're saying there's a cave where we could feast?
And where do we sail to find this food-filled cave?
East!
Thank you!

Anyone who knows which saga comes after this one should know what that cave is...

Anyways, the music still has guitar while Polites sings this. Idk why, probably because Odysseus is just present.

That thank you is just adorable.

This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms
I see in your face, there is so much guilt inside your heart
So why not replace it and light up the world here's how to start:
Greet the world with open arms, greet the world with open arms
You can relax my friend

First of all, the second and third lines of the chorus are replaced by lines that are even more heartbreaking. We find out Odysseus still feels guilt from yeeting Astyanax off that wall back in Troy.

Odysseus repeats Polites. He's finally accepting that ideology, wondering if that's maybe what he has to do.

The last line is the same line as the first one, however the entire mood behind it has changed. In the beginning, it was just Polites' observation. He noticed Ody getting nervous, and wanted him to relax. Now it's Polites telling Odysseus to relax, and to accept the open arms ideology. Yes, he feels guilt for killing Astyanax, but there's so much he can do in the future to not let those moments happen again. And, unlike the beginning of the song, Odysseus actually listens to it. He tries to relax.

HAHA JUMPSCARE BECAUSE THE NEXT SONG IS WOTM BITCHESS

(no open arms ideology for this saga anymore lol)