Chapter 29

...

After a few minutes of groaning and rolling around of his own bed, Hanzo got up and walked depressingly at his closet, ready to take out some clothes.

After throwing his old clothes into the stacked up laundry basket, Hanzo lazily grabbed his phone and texted Kagura a simple "I'm on my way" knowing that he would stumble throughout the path to Hanabi's house.

After a few minutes of silent regret, he exited his house. Smelling the fresh air of nature, and a hint of dog poop around. Gross.

Stumbling and being distracted by his phone, he didn't even realize he had accidentally walked right in front of the doors of a convenience store.

When had it opened? He doesn't know. How did it get opened? He doesn't know. Why was it on the sidewalk? He doesn't know, yet he still curses as his nose was hit by the glass door.

He inspected the sign 'Pharmacy' he looked inside the store, only to see literal food around and no medicine in sight.

He rolled his eyes before entering, the soft clang of the bell chimed as he entered. Seriously, people still put those things up?

Ignoring his silent protesting, he walked around the store. Not much to see, just regular stuff being selled for a lower price.

After blankly staring at the shelves with no sense of direction, he bumped into someone. This time, on the forehead.

"What the hell?" Hanzo grumbled, rubbing his forehead with the palm of his hand. The person he had bumped into didn't respond at all.

Hanzo opened his eyes to see Hayabusa carrying mochi and a few candies in his arms. Seeing Hanzo opening his eyes, he quickly threw the things he was holding onto the shelf, covering it with his arms.

"Heyy.. how are you doing..?" Hayabusa awkwardly said. Hanzo felt like frozen meat in the freezer, he couldn't move even after attempting to.

He tried to speak but his face flushed into a deep crimson in embarrassment. He ran out of the store, going backwards of his path just to escape his hurning embarrassment.

Gods, he felt like he wanted to dig his own grave and die alone.

As his running came to a stop, he panted as he wiped off the sweat on the sweat from his forehead.

His heart was pounding and his head was racing, but what he could mostly focus on was the anxiety he felt earlier.

He hadn't seen Hayabusa since he had confronted him, and he did so well in avoiding him ever since, so why did Hayabusa suddenly appear again?!

Regardless, Hanzo was having none of it. He was glad he managed to escape from the anxiety that filled his heart.

He reached for his phone, until he touched his pocket and there wasn't even a phone.

How worse could this day be?! Hanzo started to pace around, going back to the direction of the store in hopes of finding his phone along the way.

But to no hope, he didn't find it. Sighing in defeat, he walked passed the store in embarrassment and shame for losing his phone.

Curse the world.

...

Hayabusa took a deep breath, "That was a close call" He thought to himself as he reached out to grab back the stuff he bought.

Suddenly, he saw a phone on the ground where Hanzo was previously standing.

"Huh.. he must've left his phone..?" Hayabusa murmured, picking it up and putting it in his pocket. He'd give it back to Hanzo once the other actually tries to communicate with him.

The silence was almost deafening.

After just a few weeks after he had kissed - on second thought, he'd rather not talk about it. Not only did Kagura not reciprocate, but the embarrassment of confessing to her in the middle of the festival was embarrassing him.

Hayabusa took a deep breath, in and out before he went out of the store. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with all the candy he bought. At first, he was planning to buy it for Kagura as an apology, but now it hits him that it's best he doesn't interact with her.

He figured he'll either eat them or put them in Hanzo's locker. Well whatever, Hayabusa will let fate decide.

...

Authors Note
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter I put my blood, sweat and tears into this😘 (I am not physically okay I want to die inside and bury my own grave pls I want to kms)