⚜️12⚜️ - Closer To You

"Tae, what is all this?" Eunsook laughed as Taehyung handed her the menu.

"I just wanted to treat you to something nice since I'm getting real good pays."

"Ah, I would've been okay with anything," she said, and looked around the fancy restaurant. The chandeliers were blinding, the tableware was glistening and the people around her were donning suits or dresses. Even Taehyung was wearing a white shirt and a brown matching vest and slack suit. She was glad that she was wearing at least a formal outfit. "The important thing is spending time together at long last. Your breaks are hard to come by."

He sighed and leaned against his chair. "Tell me about it... But I'm doing really well, so I'm not complaining."

"That's nice to hear." She smiled and looked back at the menu. The prices made her eyes widen. "Anything interesting happening?"

Taehyung's shoulder throbbed but he shrugged it off. "Not really. Just... working."

She hummed and sighed after trying to decide the menu. "I'll take what you're gonna have. I have no idea."

"I was going to have what you were going to have," Taehyung laughed.

"Hey you... Then we can stay here forever."

He chuckled and fiddled with his fringes that covered his eyes. "I wanna dye my hair orange..."

"That was random." She looked at his dark hair that was growing longer than the last time she saw him. A little twinge of sadness tugged her chest from how long it had been. "Do it after you finish filming. You had to dye it dark for this, didn't you?"

"Right..." Taehyung turned silent, trying to come up with something to talk about. It had been a long time since they met up and he missed how they could talk about anything without stopping. He just brushed that thought off as one of those times he would be busy filming something and they would stay apart for a long time. Just this time, it was longer than before because of his injury.

The rest of the night passed rather smoothly. They clinked their wine glasses and had light conversations. Since both of them missed each other, the time was cherished. It was difficult to part in the end.

If he had more time to attend classes, they would spend time together, but he did not. She walked down the corridor alone, passing by the music room and spotted Jungkook playing the piano when she turned to look. She stopped in her tracks and was about to head inside when a girl beat her to it and went in before her, making her freeze in place behind the door.

She slipped over to Jungkook and sat on the piano, smiling and twirling her hair with her fingers. She was talking about something with him, maybe in an act to flirt with him as Eunsook watched, dumbstruck.

Thoughts ran through her mind. Was he dating her or was she just flirting? It was strange how natural she was acting with him. She was even touching his shoulder and her leg brushing his in a rather seductive manner that Eunsook's heart was sinking. If she was not so affected, she would have barged in. But then again, if she was not so affected, there would be no reason to barge in.

Just then she watched Jungkook politely decline the girl with a shake of his head and clasped hands before lying down on the piano keys, facing away from her with an earphone in one ear. The girl rolled her eyes and her head with a long exhale, and stomped out of the room. With one glare at Eunsook, she passed her by and left.

Eunsook walked in and quietly creeped up to Jungkook before taking the other earphone, putting it into her ear. Jungkook's voice filled her ear and her heart jumped from how beautiful it sounded. The melody and his voice blended perfectly.