Prologue

Have you ever wondered what it was like to be popular? Well, one young man knows well what it's like. He's been popular since he was just a little boy! He doesn't mind the attention and kinda likes being popular. But, deep down, he wishes he had a different life. Deep down, he isn't happy.

 Now, I'm not saying that all popular people are like this. I'm simply telling you a little bit about Andrew. Andrew is a handsome, rich, popular young man. Good with sports and he is even good in his studies. His life has been all planned out for him by his parents.

 1. Finish school.

 2. Finish College

 3. Take over his father's company

 4. Get married to a rich young woman

 5. Have an heir to the company

 I know what you might be thinking. That's a lot to think about and push on the boy! Well, he's used to it. He's had this pushed on him since he was just a child. As he grew up, he always thought that was what he wanted. He thought he wanted the same things his parents wanted for him. But, the older he got, the more unsure he became. He didn't know who he was anymore. Was he his own person? Or was he just a pawn in his parents' game? 

 Andrew's life was pretty normal in his eyes. His parents never seemed to be around. The only person he ever had was Annie. Annie was his personal maid in her mid 50s. She was a kind, motherly type of women. She loved Andrew like her own son. In fact, she was the mother of his best friend, Patrick. The boys were both 17 years old. But even Patrick doesn't know about Andrew's problems.

 Everyday, Andrew hangs out with his friends and fakes a smile. He forces a laugh. But inside, he's jealous how everyone seems to know who they are while he's lost. They're happy while he isn't.

 "Why is my life so much like theirs, yet so different? Why can't I be happy like them?" he wonders.

 Have you ever wondered what the life of a wallflower is like? Well, one girl knows it well. She's been a wallflower for what seemed like to her, her whole life. She was lonely and wished she could be more like her twin sister.

 Now, this doesn't mean everybody is like this. I am just telling you a little bit about Julie. Julie is a girl who is so used to hiding behind her hair and being quiet, she doesn't know how to be anything else. She's spent most of her life as a loner and a wallflower. But, she's also the future Luna of the Bright Moon Pack. 

 Julie worries about whether or not she can be a good Luna when she's so much of a quiet loner. She's scared this pack might end under her leadership. But Julie also worries that her mate might not want her because she's such a wallflower and so quiet. She's scared he'll reject her. 

 Everyday she stands in her usual spot with a book in her hand. Though she may look like she's reading, she's really looking around at all the groups of friends and couples. She's looking at her sister and her mate. She's looking at the popular kids. 

 "Why can't I be more like them...?" she wonders.