Chapter 5

Julie's POV:

 It was a little nerve-racking talking to Andrew, but, I also felt relieved and happy. Happy my mate was actually talking to me and relieved I didn't have a panic attack. I was also kinda happy I got his number. Honestly, I only had four contacts in my phone. Jaylen's, Patrick's, mom's, and dad's. I had no one else to call or text. But now, I have Andrew! Who actually wants to get to know me. Me! The quiet wallflower loner of the school! He's like, one of the most popular guys, and honestly it's obvious why. I mean, he is sooo handsome....Ok, enough daydreaming. What I was saying was, it's amazing that a popular guy is interested in being my friend. Or even talking to me for that matter!

 Anyways, I got a mind-link from Jaylen while I was talking to Andrew. She told me that dad and mom had something important to tell us. I was disappointed I had to leave, but, I did feel some relief in knowing I'll see him tomorrow.

 When we got to the pack house, I got out and smiled a little as I watched Patrick open Jaylen's door and help her out of the car. I chuckled a little before walking inside, my sister and her mate following after me. I frowned a little, confused as to why I sensed a rogue here.

 When we got to the office, I knocked on the door, waiting for dad to permit us entree. "Come in!" he called.

 "I'll wait right out here for you, Mo Chroi." Patrick said softly.

 "Thanks, Patrick." Jaylen smiled at him before following me into the room.

 When we entered the office, Jaylen and I stopped short. There was a boy in the office! He looked raggedy. And there weren't any adults in the room except mom and dad, which led me to assume he was an orphan or something.

 "Hello, girls. How was school?" mom asked, giving us a smile.

 "It was good." Jaylen smiled. I just nodded in agreement. "Who's this?"

 "Jaylen, Julie, this is Mark. Mark, these are my daughters, Julie and Jaylen. Julie is our future Luna." my mom spoke gently.

 "It's nice to meet you..." the boy said quietly. 

 "Mark is a rogue orphan boy. He was originally from the Blood Moon Pack. Son, will you please tell them what you told us?" my dad looked over at the boy, who nodded slowly. He seemed really nervous.

 "W-well...My name is Mark Alexander and I'm 15 years old...I'm a rogue but I was originally from the Blood Moon Pack. It's not a very good pack, honestly....My parents were the Alpha and Luna of the pack. My father and I were both told mother died in childbirth. But later, we found out it was a lie. My father discovered mother was being slowly poisoned. I was lucky enough to survive, but mother wasn't as lucky...My father found out about it and he found out who had done it. It was Beta Nigel. Beta Nigel betrayed my parents for the Alpha title. He killed my father and then, took the title as Alpha. When he did, he banished me. I was only 12 at the time."

 Mark's words left me shocked. I had heard that the Luna died in childbirth and that the Alpha had been killed. But, we never got any details. We'd been told the Alpha and his son both died in a rogue attack, making the Beta, Alpha.

 "Mark accidentally wandered onto our territory in search for some food." my father told my sister and I.

 Jaylen and I exchanged a look. "Dad, what will become of Mark?" I asked slowly and hesitantly.

 "Well, we don't want to send him back into the woods. And both your mother and I believe his story. I know Alpha Nigel personally and I never really liked him. I always thought he had a mean streak in him. An evil streak." dad explained, straightening some papers before looking up at Jaylen and I. He folded his hands as he spoke again. "We have two options, as I see it. The first, is to send him to the orphanage."