Chapter 1

Julie's POV:

 "Julie, mom said it was time to get up!" my twin sister, Jaylen, exclaimed, snatching my blanket away from me.

 "I don't care, Jay! I'm not going!" I grabbed the blanket and put it over my head once more. 

 Jaylen sighed and sat down on the bed beside me. "I know why you don't want to go...You don't want to be a wallflower again like last year...Do you?"

 "Gee, what gave you that idea?" I said sarcastically.

 "Jules, this could be your year...A year of change for you..."

 "Jaylen, I've been friendless and lonely for as long as I can remember. You really think I'd come out of my shell that easily?" I peaked out at her from under my blanket.

 "Well, no. Not just like that. But I do think it may be better for you. After all, it's the new school year. A time for change. Besides, I'll be lonely if I don't have my big sister with me..." Jaylen said, trying to guilt trip me into going.

 "How are you going to be lonely when you literally are going to the same school as your mate?" I asked, sitting up in bed.

 "Well, Patrick is a year older than me. He may be in the same school, but he's in a whole different grade. I don't think I'll have him with me until lunch and hopefully, visual arts." she remarked. Patrick and Jaylen both liked art and, being mates, wanted to be together. So they both signed up for visual arts. Jaylen also signed up for home economics. I think she told me Patrick is also doing music.

 "Ok. Fine. Tell mom I'll be right down." 

 "Great!" she smiled brightly, standing up. "Oh! And, maybe you could wear what I'm wearing? If you want, I mean, we both like twinning and it is a new year for us, so I figured-"

 "I'll wear it, Jay. It's fine." I chuckled as I interrupted her rambling. She nodded with a smile before leaving my room. 

 After she left, I sighed and got up out of bed. I groaned. Another year of paradise....Not. Every year of school is just....the same....Always alone. How will this year be any different?

 "It will be, Julie! I know it! Just trust me!" my wolf, Nikita, exclaimed. "I have a feeling today is going to change our lives forever!"

 "How?" I asked doubtfully but curiously.

 "Just trust me!" with that, she cut off the link. Strange....

 Anyway, I went to my closet and took out my outfit. I'd usually wear something a little darker, but she decided to wear this. A white skirt and red short sleeved top with a matching belt. But, then again, every year she wants to twin with me on the first day and wear bright colors. I put them on, brushed my hair, put a red headband on, and hurried down the stairs. Somehow, I was feeling a little anxious to get to school. After my conversation with Nikita I felt it. She was feeling excited and anxious. 

 "Morning, mom! Good morning, dad!" I greeted as I sat down at the counter next to Jaylen.

 "Good morning, honey. Did you sleep well?" my mom asked, smiling at me.

 "Yes." I nodded and looked down at the plate of pancakes she'd set down in front of me. She always makes pancakes on the first day of school. They're usually like a special occasion breakfast. Jaylen and I like our pancakes with butter on them. Lots of butter. 

 "Oh! Patrick is almost here! He just mind-linked me. We'd better hurry if we wanna ride with him to school." Jaylen said quickly, as she began to eat quickly.

 "Jaylen, don't eat so fast! You'll get a stomach ache or even choke!" dad declared, looking at her.

 "Sorry, dad...Just excited, I guess..." she smiled sheepishly. 

 Mom and dad chuckled. "We understand, honey. We were the same way. Most mates are, I suppose." my mom smiled. 

 It wasn't long before we finished breakfast. By the time Jaylen and I had grabbed our backpacks and put on our shoes, Jaylen announced that her mate was here. We kissed mom and dad goodbye and hurried out the door.

 "Hello, Mo Chroi! Hi, Julie," Patrick smiled at us. Mo Chroi is an Irish nickname that means, 'My Heart'. He was originally from a pack in Ireland, but he and his mother transferred here maybe 10 years ago after his father's death. 
 (A/N- This is pronounced 'moh kree'.)

 "Hi, Patrick!" Jaylen smiled brightly, as she climbed into the passenger seat beside him. 

 "Hey, Patrick." I smiled, as I climbed into the back seat. I buckled my seatbelt and sat back. I smiled to myself sadly as I listened to Patrick and my sister laugh and talk together. I wished I could have that with my mate...But the thing is, I don't even know if my mate would want a loner like me as a mate....

 "Give him a chance! Don't be so negative!" Nikita exclaimed. 

 "I can't help it, Nikita...I'm quiet, negative, a wallflower...I'm a loner...It's who I am..."

 "There's more to you than that, Julie. I should know. I'm your wolf. One day maybe you'll see I'm right.." 

 I looked out the window and sighed. I wish I could believe her...I wanted to believe her...But I didn't know how I could...I've spent so many years alone...How do I believe her when I know this is who I am...? That this is who I've become?