Chapter 10; Alice apologizes

Lily's POV
I woke up early the next morning in my mommy's arms to find her running a bath for Ren and I as Alice held a sleepy Ren in her arms.

I was right as she now looked a year old.

There was a silent tension in the air between the two females. I looked between them before looking at Ren and asking "Do you think that we need to break out the mud pit and settle this like women?" Ren gave me a deadpan look "No Lily. No" I smirked and said "We'll just call that plan B then" Ren rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

Alice and mommy undressed us and set us in the tub. Ren was able to sit up by herself but I had to sit in a bath seat. It was quiet for a few more minutes before Alice spoke up "Rose.....I'm so sorry for everything."

Mommy's face hardened "Let's discuss it later" "There might not be a later. I need you to know that I am sorry for everything that I've said and done since we met. I've been a terrible sister, and I want a second chance" Mommy glanced at her after she finished and sarcastically asked "And? What? I'm just supposed to forgive you and we can start over and ride off into the sunset?"

Alice winced and said "No, of course not. I just want.... I want to earn.... I don't even know. I want to start over and prove that I can be a better sister to you and a good aunt to my nieces. I know that Lilibeth is yours and Renesmee is Bella's. I shouldn't have been worried about Bella, but rather focused on supporting you."

They both grow silent and the bath ends. We get dressed and the angry tension dissipates and turns into one of those stilled breaths tensions with Alice glancing at mommy in her peripherals in hope that she'll accept Alice as her sister again.

We're dressed and taken downstairs be fed.

(Ren's dress)

(Ren's dress)

(Lily's outfit)

(Lily's outfit)

Mommy props up in her arms and starts to feed me my bottle and says "We can try, but I'm not promising anything" Alice nods and gives her a sad smile "I'm not going to ask for more."

Ren and I get fed and burped before Alice and Uncle Jasper stand by the window with Jake, Papa, and Nana. Mommy and daddy sit with me on the couch.

I realize that Ren was about to meet Bella. I looked at her and sensed her excitement, nervousness, and worry.

"Everything is going to be okay, Rennie" I said reassuring her "I hope so Lily...." She murmurs as I swallow anxiously and start playing with my daddy's fingers.

'I hope I'm right too....'