2|Going to the GCPD

My brother has become a hero in Gotham. He and his partner solved the case of the Waynes' murder. A tragic case closed quickly. The culprit got killed as he tried to fight arrest, so there was no trial. Every news outlet was talking about the story and the hero cops.

Meanwhile, I spent most of my time 'resting' in my room. In reality- I don't want to get out of bed and use resting as an excuse. I don't find a point in getting up. I suppose that makes me useless.

What's the point of doing anything when the one thing I worked for my whole life has been destroyed?

That was a little dark. I didn't mean to think that. Let's forget about that. I'm fine.

I get out of my room to grab a glass of water. It was time to take my medication.
As I leave my room, I hear Barbara answering the door.

"Renee. Long time." She didn't sound happy to see the other person, but not unhappy either.

It was wrong of me; I know. But I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yeah. Sorry to drop by unexpectedly like this. How have you been?"

"I'm good. You?" There's an awkward tension in their voices.

"All good. You're running an art gallery now, right?"

Maybe they're old friends?

"Yeah," Barbara said with an abrasive tone.

"That's so cool." 

Barbara huffs.

Or exes? That could fit the tension better.

"And I'm engaged."

"That's why I'm here."

Oh?

"Oh?"

"The GCPD framed Mario Pepper for the murder of the Waynes," she said so quickly and seriously it stunned me.

My jaw drops. 

"What?" Barbara sounds just as shocked as I was.

"They framed and killed an innocent man."

"And you're here to tell me that James was in on this?"

No, it couldn't be.

"Yes."

That can't be true.

"And what's your proof?"

Exactly!

"I can't tell you, but it's the truth. James Gordon is not a good guy. You deserve better." 

How dare this woman talk that way about him. She doesn't even know him.

"James is the most honest man I've ever met. He's not capable of doing that." 

You tell her, Barbie!
I'm glad Barbara defended Jim.

"You sure you know what he's capable of?"

"Yes, thank you. I know him." Barbara replies snarkily.

The nerve of this woman.

"Does he know you?"

I furrow my eyebrows and move a little closer.

"Don't."

"Like I know you?"

I put my hand over my mouth.
Shit.

I wait to hear the front door close again. Then I walked to the living room, pretending I hadn't heard anything.