Blakk

After a lot of duels and wins I have a medium sized arsenal of experienced slugs. I have Iris, Comet, Charlotte, Earthquake (Ramstone), Warning (Hop Rock), Bolt (Tazerling), Bubbles (Bubbaleon), Muck (Jellyish), Stinger (Tormato) Bullet (SpeedStinger) and some more. My next match is up against someone called Bear. I win that, win a Dirt Urchin, who I name Needle. I walk up to the judge/head of the competiton and explain that I want to drop out. He seems shocked at first but allows me to. After Eli faces off his last guy before the finals Kord walks over and apologizes for Eli's "loss" in getting in the finals. We are confused until he explains why.

"Your going up against he guy who did this to me." He gestures to himself and he does look pretty beat up.

"You don't have the body mass to take him on."

"I'll be fine. Nothing to worry about." Eli responds, confident sounding.

A sleek silver train with red markings pulls up on the track we are standing next to. I stop listening to the others and stare.

"This is giving off a bad vibe" I whisper to myself. Out steps a man I have never seen before. He is tall and broad looking, with large shoulders and hands. His legs are kinda skinny, and he's pale as a ghost. With green eyes and a black suit with red markings that makes my skin crawl he announces

"Which one of you, Is Eli Shane."

Everyone stares at our little group and Eli whispers to Kord Trixie and Pronto

"Who is that guy?" Eli questions

"Your dad never mentioned him?" Kord asks, confused.

"His name is Dr. Thatius Blakk." Trixie explains. "People say he was the last to see your father." At this both me and Eli jump a bit.

From behind us we hear a deep mysterious voice. "What your friends say is true. I knew Will Shane, in fact, I owe him my life." Eli and I exchange glances and we both get an image of a wide eyed person, pale and nervous. Well I guess that was just me, but I quickly recovered.

"Let's have a...talk." Says this Blakk guy.

"Ok but my friends come with me." Eli responds.

"Oh by all means." Blakk walks away, with his hands clasped together behind his back. Eli turns around to face us

"It's ok guys. We'll just talk." He then starts to follow Blakk, as do all of us.

I whisper to Eli "I don't trust that guy. There is something about him that makes my skin crawl. Be careful." He nods his head in agreement as we step into the train and into Blakk's main car room where he sits.

"Not only to I travel in style but comfort." He says as he advances toward his seat, but Pronto beat him there.

"So soft, like an angel's whisper."

"Pronto! Get your butt outta his seat." I angrily say but Blakk's right hand man beat him to it, but grabbing his head and tossing him away. Blakk sits and I smack pronto upside the head. It hurt but not to much.

"So, Will Shane had a son." He does the creepy evil chuckle and continues talking

"I'm not surprised. The Shane's had their... secrets."

"You were my dads.... friend?" Eli asks. Sounding unsure.

"Eh-heh, not exactly. We had our differences. But that's all in the past. You and I have the chance to start fresh. Perhaps even some day, work together." The Mourice guy walks up win a weird black container and sets it on Blakks desk.

"Now, I've heard you are a little short on slugs". Blakk continues. "Consider this one a gift." He turns the cage around the container to reveal a scary dark blue, almost black, slug with little horns and teeth maybe half as long as my finger. It has beady red eyes and seems insane! It is twitching around in its little cage and seems really unstable.

"What the hell!" I exclaim, and everyone else gasps at the sight of that thing. Blakk looks at us, mostly me, with disapproval.

"What did you do to it??" Aks Trixie.

"Why young lady, I've improved it. Made it better"

"I will admit my past experiments were a bit" he pauses. "Unpredictable, but now perfection!"

"That looks unpredictable to me." I state, and I slightly jump as the little thing bits at the wires and stares me down."

"That's not perfection!" Exclaims Eli! "You've corrupted it! Like some kind of ghoul!"

"Ghoul... I rather like that."Blakk says, looking at us with an amused yet upset look

"Eli. We should leave. Like now. I don't like the way he laughs looks or acts and neither do our slugs. Especially Iris and Burpy and if Blakk was the last to see dad you can bet Burpy knows who he is." I whisper kinda loud kinda not, into Eli's ear.

He nods and whispers back "In a minute. But be careful."

"You can't do that to slugs. They are the key to everything, all life of slugterra depends on the slugs. You could destroy slugterra." Eli says out loud

"I've heard that once before. From your father. I suppose I was being silly to assume a Shane would accept my little gift. We're done here." Comet and Iris are both on my right shoulder and they each inch closer to my neck. Seeking comfort I guess. The gang turns around and starts walking out but me and Eli stick around a minute longer.

"You may be winning this little competition, but put in the real world Eli Shane, stay out of my way." Blakk growls at Eli as Eli and I are walking out, he turns around and states.

"My slug seems to know you, and he doesn't like you, and neither do I. I'm the new Shane around here whether you like it or not." He turns and head for the door and we finally leave but right before I flip the bird and run away.