𝑔𝑜𝑑 𝑢.

❛❛𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

❛❛𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔.❜❜

veronica mars stood at the top of the steps at god u, readjusting her hat on her head as she waited patiently

veronica mars stood at the top of the steps at god u, readjusting her hat on her head as she waited patiently. it was nearly ten which meant either cate was late or she was not going to show up at all. they had made plans to get coffee together like they did every morning and now she was itching for an ice latte. this had been the first time cate was late.

as she stood, she looked directly at the statue they had put up of homelander. as a kid she remembered wanting to be just like him, that dream died the day she met up. she should've known better, they always say never meet your hero.

"mars! im so so so sorry im late but i got the coffee on the way!" she turned and watched as cate ran up to her, holding up two coffees. she handed the iced milk latte to veronica who immediately took a sip, her throat dry from the wait. it was sweet, just like she liked it. "oh don't worry but next time im leaving without you." they started their walk to the training field where luke would be working out. that was a part of their routine ever since cate started dating golden boy.

"you wouldn't, you love me too much." cate teased as the dark haired girl's cheeks flushed. "what do you think about us going out tonight? as a group, i feel like we haven't done that in forever." veronica asked as they made their way onto the grass, "yeah sure." cate was already making her way to luke, completely blurring out veronica.

"i don't even know if she heard me." veronica turned to andre as he approached her. he laughed it off and told cate and luke to get their tongues out of each other's mouths. "what did we say about pda?" veronica groaned, mostly to herself as andre handed luke his water bottle.

"you're just saying that cause of your breakup, a month ago you and brayden couldn't keep your hands off each other." when luke spoke veronica covered her ears. "la la la la la, i can't hear you." she started walking away. she thought she made it clear no one was to mention that backstabber in front of her.

"actually no, just because of that, i wanna fight you." she turned to face him again, hands off her ears. "are you serious? it was just a joke." he gave her one of his award winning smiles. she looked less than impressed. "what? are you scared of a little challenge?"

"i would be if you weren't ranked number four." he patted her shoulder as she took off her hat, tossing it to andre. "you're not even dressed for a fight." luke commented. she shrugged it off, took one last sip of her coffee and handed that to cate. "please don't do this, as your friend im advising against this. last time you two fought someone went blind." andre pulled the girl under his arm. "put on these then." she removed a pair of sunglasses from her pocket.

"show me what you're made of, golden boy." she walked to the center of the field and he laughed, following after her. the people on the bleachers cheered when seeing them and veronica started taking off her shoes, something she did almost before every fight.

"why do you keep doing that?" luke looked down at her and she shrugged. "come on." she threw her shoes to the side as she watched him light up like a torch. a voice in the back of her head told her it was a bad idea but veronica couldn't recall ever having a good idea in her entire life.

she swung first, missed. when he tried to hit her, she grabbed ahold of his fist, her hand burning up under the touch. with one foot she kicked him back, their hands separating. golden boy was stronger than her but she had one thing he didn't, she was relentless.

he swings at her again, her cheek slightly burning at the hit. she spits out blood, she could hear andre yell at her to use her powers. he swung at her again but this time she blocks it and lands a blow to his jaw. she takes a chance when he falls back and kicks him go the ground. "not so tough now." she spits more blood out, looking down at him. as she looked down at him, her eyes lit up. she slapped her palms together, pulling them apart, a ball of light forming between them. the light is so bright it could blind anyone that looked at it for too long. for a brief second she looked at it and saw two eyes looking back at her. the image hits her like a train before golden boy tackles her to the ground.

she blinks and suddenly the fight is over. he has the upper hand and she's lost. "mars." luke was helping her up. "what happened?" she asked as he wiped the dirt off her arms. he used one finger to make her look at him, "you lost control for a second, you nearly blew my head off." he laughed to himself as she stared. she didn't remember that, only her creating a light orb but she didn't remember using it. "are you okay?" cate ran up to them. "he hit you so hard." cate spoke and veronica touched her fingers to the back of her head and felt something liquid smooth. her head was bleeding. she blinked a few times, looked around. she was against the wall, far from the center of the grass. she hit the wall so hard that it left a dent behind.

"ill be fine." she mumbled as she took her hat from andre and her coffee from cate. she took a sip of the cold drink as she felt her friends staring at her. "i just feel like im forgetting something but ill be fine." she starts walking away, passing two girls who are staring before she eventually ends up back in her room, back in bed.