sidetracked and naughty lists

❛❛𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑔𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑠,❜❜

the barista at the local coffee shop warned veronica that she might have a heart attack if she consumed a double expresso coffee that used a monster as the base but what the barista didn't know was that veronica was a supe

the barista at the local coffee shop warned veronica that she might have a heart attack if she consumed a double expresso coffee that used a monster as the base but what the barista didn't know was that veronica was a supe. she wouldn't be hurt if she had about eight to ten cups of the sugary drink, she might hurt someone else but her heart would survive the pressure it would be put under, she had survived far worse.

she was walking through campus, the sun in her eyes and the wind whistling through her hair as she took a sip of her drink, her body vibrating as she took a pull of her vape when she heard someone call her, multiple times in fact. a lot of people knew her at school, that was what happened when you were ranked at number four, people knew you and sometimes they even became obsessed. she has had multiple try to talk to her as if they were old friends just because they followed her on instagram. she assumed it was just another crazed fan and she didn't need to get sidetracked, she was on a mission. veronica mars was always on some kind of mission.

"mars!" the person persisted as she stopped in her tracks, not a lot of people had the guts to call her that if they weren't actually friends with her, or if she didn't know them personally so either she knew this person or they were about to get blasted into the sun. she spun on her heels, a dark skinned girl walking up to her. veronica just stood there, the girl looked familiar, those perfectly golden eyes, the hair, the lips and veronica never forgot someone's hands. jordan said she had a weird kink for that kind of stuff but she just liked observing stuff like that.

"oh shit, you're the guardian of godolkin! can i snap a picture with you?" a bitterly sweet smile graced her perfectly plump lips. she pushed her vape into her pants pocket, pulling out her phone and snapping a picture with the girl as she looked down at it, still smiling before she looked up at the girl that stood in front of her, marie was confused by her actions to say the least. "oh, wait." veronica's face dropped, "you didn't do shit to stop luke, i guess this foto is useless." and without saying anything else, she flung her phone to the side, face riddled with boredom. "hey, listen." marie held a hand between the two of them as veronica moved her foot to block her phone before anyone could walk over it. "i didn't want this." veronica just sipped her drink, not even looking at the girl.

"you do know there are people who actually would kill for that kind of recognition." veronica didn't care for that kind of stuff, the higher she went on the ranking, the more attention she would get from her all powerful uncle and she knew if she reached the top, he might actually want to publicly claim her where she spent her entire childhood in his shadow. being claimed by a member of the seven sounded nice from afar but the seven was just a group of dysfunctional assholes who tried to hide that with their flashy powers and bullshit lies and the sponsors, goddamn, those fucking random sponsors.

"i don't want the credit, you can have it." marie argued, veronica rolled her eyes. she was clearly annoyed by everything the girl in front of her had been saying. "yeah, i'd love to take credit for murdering my best friend but right now i have to run track." she pointed over her shoulder, "you can let me know when you wanna do that, we can make a tik tok story time." veronica took another large gulp of her drink, her face unreadable as marie tried to see past the nonchalant act she was putting on. "are you being sarcastic?" she asked, a furrow in her brows. "take a wild guess." the girl in front of her spoke, her voice dripping with sarcasm this time.

"look, i just need to talk to you." she reached out to veronica but she just leaned down to pick up her phone before pulling herself back up, raising her head to meet eyes with marie. the two seemed world apart and veronica didn't have the strength to hold her head up anymore so she pointed at the nearby bench that was probably covered with gum on the bottom but marie didn't seem to know or care as she approached it. she sat down, waited for veronica to join but when she looked up, veronica was walking away. she was too far for marie to reach her as she tried to get comfortable as she watched the girl finally fade into the crowd.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

"soooo, mars despises me." marie handed andre a pipping hot coffee, he declined it and she held it in her left hand, not knowing what to do with it before he takes it from her. "ill give it to mars, ill tell her it's from you." he started walking and and gestured for her to follow his lead which she did as they made their way through campus, people taking pictures and making videos of them every five seconds. "don't do that, she'd throw it on the ground." marie could still see veronica fling her phone on the grass perk, andre laughed at how upset the girl beside him was about the whole ordeal. he partially understood her, the two girls seemed close a couple of nights ago but everything changes with that one day, veronica seemed to change right before his eyes.

"it takes a lot for mars to hate someone so i would say despise is a strong word." andre turned to talk to her, using his hands as he spoke, something marie noticed veronica did as well.

"but ill give you some free advice because im feeling generous, get jordan to trust you and she'll follow." he moved the cup between his hands, keeping his hands and his mind busy with repeating the same motions. "they're always on the same page and believe it or not, mars holds a grudge longer than jordan." that was beyond true, veronica rarely hated anyone but when she was upset with you, that could last for years. she had still been upset with rufus for that one time he accidentally ripped her least favourite t-shirt. "they're her better half, some might say." those words made marie wonder if she even knew the two, if jordan was her better half, than she really didn't know veronica mars at all.

"but have fun being mars' least favourite, luke would be happy to see you fill his spot." andre patted her shoulder and like veronica had down only hours ago, he disappeared into the crowd, leaving marie behind as she sighed to herself. so that's all she had to do to not be on the veronica mars naughty list, befriend the other person who genuinely seemed to hate her, easy as pie.