𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦.

❛❛𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑦 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟,❜❜

veronica hadn't gotten out of bed in two days, she got all her school work from brayden which showed exactly how desperate she was, she was willing to talk to her ex whom she fucking despised

"can you stop doing that?" jordan swats away the smoke that leaves veronica's pink lips. they were practically choking from her vape. "i can't." she felt tears prick her eyes but she took a sip of her energy drink when her phone went off in her pocket and so did jordan's.

"fucking number fucking five." jordan was checking the score board where they had been moved to number five and veronica was still sitting comfortably at her number four spot. that never bothered her, she felt lucky just being there. "why the fuck would they do this?" jordan threw their phone to the side as veronica took a deep hit of her vape.

"i don't know, i don't really know what's going on at all." veronica covered her face with a pillow as she blew out smoke. "okay, that's enough of this. come get some fresh air with me." jordan held out their hand, now in female form as they pulled veronica up. she didn't fight them. she pulled on her shoes as they walked out of her room. although jordan was upset, not only about the score but about brink, they couldn't spend another minute locked up in veronica's bedroom.

"if anyone looks at me, i can't be held responsible for my actions." she warned jordan who rolled their eyes, walking past brink's monument which was under the lamplighter statue. before jordan could respond someone making a video of themselves crying catches their attention. the girl stops crying when the video stops.

"the things people will do for fame." veronica sat down on the grass when cate approached them. "im sorry, i know brink meant a lot to you." cate was talking to jordan while veronica kept drinking her energy drink. "i don't know why luke did it." the mention of him made veronica nearly choke on her drink, tears suddenly fresh in her eyes.

"come on, mars." jordan helped her up, helping her to move away from cate. they sat under a tree, jordan watching veronica take another hit. "i didn't think we'd ever have to bury each other which is stupid, i know." veronica should've expected it, they were supes after all and they were all training to be heroes and heroes all seemed to die bloody deaths.

"i get it." jordan hated seeing veronica upset, ever since they knew her, they always wanted to make her happy. once when she was upset about her break up, a few weeks ago, they snuck into her room with so much ice cream and tequila that it was hard for them to carry it. they got into bed with her and they spent hours watching her favourite movies, although they despised rom coms. but they didn't know how to fix this.

"im sorry." she seemed to apologize every five seconds. she took another hit of her vape but it seemed to have died. "come on, let's go buy you another one." jordan held out their hand, the only way through this was supporting her nicotine addiction.