prologue

Zachary Evans was a typical teenager, he was the captain of his basketball team, he got good grades, he sang, and dances.

He helped his parents with his youngers sister and brothers, despite not having attention on him only his father gave him attention but ot for the good reason but he think that he was normal since he was the older.

But when he was sent away at the Dalton Academy Warblers for his sophomore year, boy got adventurous and free.

═──────────────═

"ZACHARY" was heard in the Evans house, a blond 15-year-old boy hurrying down the stairs to see what his father wanted.

"Yes, Dad?" the young teenager asked his father, who was sitting in his armchair with a newspaper in his hand.

"It's from Dalton Academy" said his father, handing him an envelope bearing the academy's emblem in red wax.

"Dalton Academy? But I didn't send them anything?" replied Zach, confused by the sudden letter.

"I know, I'm the one who sent them a letter to find out if there was a place for you at their school" replied his father, who finally looked up from his newspaper to look at his son.

"What? But why? Wasn't I supposed to go to McKinley High?" replied Zach, increasingly confused by the situation.

"Yes, but given your behaviour, I thought it would be better for you to go to this academy than that public school. Your brother Sam will be going to this school, you'll be joining him if I see your behaviour changing" his father replied in a harsh tone before adding "And at least I know you won't get any girls pregnant before you're 17.

"My behaviour? I wonder where I get it from" replied the boy, rolling his eyes in annoyance at the situation before replying to the second part of his father's sentence "Like you and Mum did to me?

"Keep that attitude and your comments to yourself, is that clear young man?" asked his father suddenly standing in front of Zach gripping his collar.

"Quite clear" replied Zach, fear flashing through his eyes not knowing what his father was going to do to him.

"Good, now go to your room and stay there, and you will be deprived of dinner, thanks to your comments and your attitude your little brothers and sisters will have your share" said his father before sitting back down in his armchair and taking up his reading where he had left off.

Zach went back up to his room, and as he was closing the door, his phone buzzed. He looked at the notification to see that it was Matt Rutherford, a boy he'd met at a street basketball match. Matt told him that there was a match tonight on.

The latter told him that there was a match tonight on the same pitch as usual, so Zach didn't have to think twice before sending a message that he was there. He rummaged through his wardrobe to get changed, before placing a fake mannequin of himself on the bed (a mannequin consisting of a pile of clothes) in case his parents came into the room. He opened the window and grabbed onto the branch directly in front of him and jumped down before grabbing his basketball and running towards where he needed to go.

Once there, Zach came face to face with a pretty blonde with green eyes. "Sorry" "Sorry" they both apologised at the same time, before laughing.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," Zach apologised. "No, don't worry, it's my fault, I'm sorry" replied the girl quickly. "My name's Quinn" she added.

"Zachary but you can call me Zach" replied the blond boy, "Nice to meet you then cutie, I've got to go but I hope to bump into you again one day" she said before leaving to join her two friends.

"Yeah same" Zach murmured as he watched her move away. "YO EVANS" surprised the boy who quickly turned around to see Matt joining him. "Matt!" replied Zach with the same enthusiasm.

So the hours passed until the boy Evans had to return before being caught by his parents. Picking up his things the boy felt himself being observed, he turned around to see that it was the beautiful green eyes of the girl from earlier.

"Are you going home already?" asked the girl now known as Quinn. "I have no choice, otherwise I'll get killed by my father" Zach replied.

"What a shame, you were good on the field" Quinn told him "Did you watch me play?" asked Zach. "Of course, I didn't have anything else interesting to do, and it's not every day that you come across a guy as handsome as you" Quinn flirted.

"Handsome huh?" replied Zach with a smirk "After all you're not wrong, girls like you are rare" he added before moving closer to her. "You could have thought of a better answer," Quinn said, closing the space between them and placing her arms around the boy's neck.

"We just met and you want to kiss me already?" Zach asked putting his arms around the girl's waist. "Get my phone number first blondie" she said before slapping his chest and walking away from him.

Exchanging numbers the two teenagers greeted each other before returning home by different paths.

This would not be their last meeting, since almost every week the two met at their secret places that they had found one day while walking.

Unfortunately, the end of summer approached and the two stopped seeing each other when Quinn told Zach that she had a boyfriend. The two therefore moved away until they lost contact, they lived their sophomore years but because of his grades, Zach had to repeat a year, so he is 17 years old and is still in sophomore while Quinn is a young mama (against her will), and is in junior.

However, they don't know that their paths will soon cross again.

═──────────────═

AN)) Ok guys, first chapter of this book, feel free to comments!!