1.

So here's what you missed last chapter on Love Affair. Zach is going to the Dalton Academy, he and Quinn met and are in love, but she ended up things before their junior's years. But it's okay to be sad because of a summer fling right? Right?

═──────────────═

༺═──────────────═༻

═──────────────═

"Zachy, wake up you have to take me to school please" Sam says as he enters Zach's room to wake him up.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming" Zach said, closing his eyes. Not knowing what to say to wake him up, Sam decided to get some water and spill it on him.

"Oh my God, it's cold! What's wrong Sam, my sheets!" said Zach as he got out of bed.

"That was the point, now hurry up" said the younger man before closing the door behind him.

Zach quickly got dressed in his Dalton uniform. Once he was ready, he went downstairs to have breakfast before grabbing his bag and heading out to his car.

"Sam, hurry up if you want to be on time" said the older man as he got into his car.

Turning on the ignition, once Sam got in, he was surprised to see his father at his window waving to him to get out.

"Don't forget you've got to accompany your brother to the headmaster's office" he told him in a firm tone.

"I know, Dad, you told me last night. Is it ok now? Can we go?" Zach asked before climbing up the window to leave.

"Yes, yes, go ahead" said his father before going back into the house.

The two brothers had arrived at McKinley High School and decided to visit the school first, so that Sam would feel more comfortable there. He was outside at a table talking when a group of 12 people, all wearing 'New York City' t-shirts, started singing 'Empire State On Mind'. The two brothers started tapping their feet to the beat, unaware that they were being watched by 3 of the singers. But they quickly stopped when they saw that no one was applauding them at the end of their performance.

══

"Thanks for bringing me and showing me around the school, you didn't have to do that" said Sam, trying to enter the code for his locker to put his things in.

"It's nothing, and besides, you're my little brother, I've got to help you" said Zach immediately entering his brother's locker code.

"Yes, but-" began Sam before a tall and a short brunette stopped in front of them.

"We, well I saw you enjoying our performance earlier, would you like to join the glee club?" asked the tall brunette.

"The glee club? Um yeah maybe" Sam replies uncertainly before the tall brunette tells him "Cool the auditions are this afternoon, I hope to see you there".

"Look at you making new friends" Zach tells her, pinching his cheek with a smirk.

"Ah ah very funny Zachy" Sam replies, annoyed by his brother's actions before greeting him to leave for class.

══

Zach was outside smoking a cigarette when he thought he saw Quinn in a cheerleader outfit walking past him. Feeling eyes on her, Quinn quickly found Zach's gaze, she was shocked to see him there but decided not to show it before going back to doing what she had to do. It hurt the boy, that she didn't express any feeling on her face during the eye contact they just had. This is to say that the boy had difficulty getting over this 'relationship' he had with the blonde. Frowning, he was brought out of his mind when a brunette snapped her fingers in front of his face. Looking away from Quinn, Zach sees another cheerleader in front of him.

"Good, good, good what do we have here" she said sliding her fingers up the blonde's arm. Her gaze was drawn to the crest of the coat of arms.

"Dalton Academy? What are you doing at McKinley?" she asked him curiously.

"I was dropping my little brother off before leaving for high school" Zach replies nonchalantly.

"So it's you that Finn was talking about then when he mentioned your brother during the auditions" she told him.

"Finn? Did my brother show up?" asked Zach confused by the name and curious to know what his brother chose to do.

"It's the tall dark one, and no, your brother didn't show up. By the way, nice to meet you, I'm Santana Lopez" she told him, shaking his hand with a charming smile.

"Zachary Evans, but you can call me Zach" he replies with his usual smirk.

"I have a question Evans." she told him, he nodded while inhaling his cigarette.

"Why were you looking at Quinn?" she asked him curiously having witnessed the weird interaction.

"Quinn?" he asked, pretending not to understand.

"Don't play dumb, you're way too handsome to be" she told him, fixing his tie that had come loose.

"I met her two years ago before our sophomore year, we spent the rest of the summer seeing each other, kissing, but that quickly ended when she admitted to me that she had a boyfriend at the end of summer." He paused to finish his cigarette before stubbing it out on the floor to continue. "After that we lost contact."

"Wait you're this 'Zach' here?" she asked him, surprised to see the boy that Quinn had shown her when the two blondes had met.

"Yes, but that's enough of that story" he said before pushing himself off the wall to head towards his car.

"Last question- ok, no two last questions" she told him.

"Go ahead, I'll listen to you" he said, turning towards her to show her that he was listening to what she had to say to him.

"One, I would like to know if I could have your number and two why don't you want to try talking to her she's right there" she said pointing at her.

"Yeah, go ahead," Zach said, handing her his phone so Santana could put her number on it. He let out a chuckle when he saw the contact name 'Sanna😇'. "And no, I don't think she wants to see me" he said, frowning.

"I have to go before I'm late, but it was great talking to you, and don't forget to use my number handsome" Santana told him giving him a kiss on the cheek before joining Quinn and a another blonde.

══

Zach had just finished settling into his dorm room, when a boy entered the room with a bag and a suitcase in his hand.

"Hey you must be my roommate! My name is Blaine Anderson, nice to meet you" the boy named Blaine told him.

"Hey, yeah it's me. My name is Zachary Evans, nice to meet you too" the blond told him before undoing his blazer and removing his tie putting them in his closet.

"I was told you were in my class but you look older" Blaine told him, with a confused face.

"Yeah, I should be in junior normally, but I repeated last year" Zach told him with a sheepish look.

"Ah I understand then, I hope you will succeed this year then and if you want some help you can ask me" the brunette told him before starting to unpack his things.

"I hope so too and thanks Blaine it's good to know that I can count on you" Zach told him now lying on his bed ready to rest before dinner.