VIII

"No, He Didn't Leave To Get Milk."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"What is going on here??"

All five of the teens froze, not daring to look back.

"Um-" Leo mumbled, quickly glancing behind while his brothers covered up the human girl they'd brought in.
"It's April."

"Oh, yeah, hey, guys!"

The turtles all go quiet, silence filling up the air.

"Great job, Y/N," Mikey whispered to the girl behind him, who had no idea what he meant by that.

"What are you guys doing?" April comes over, standing beside master splinter. Her baffled expression is fueled even more as she watches each of their faces turn into one of terror. Everyone except Raph's.

"April?" The older mutant stared at his sons in suspicion. "Step away, you four."

Slowly and quite reluctantly, three of the turtles move out of the way, Raph still calmly standing in his spot. He was rather glad the weirdo was probably gonna get scared off now.

Yet, nobody seemed to utter a word. He stayed still for a few minutes before finally glancing back... only to find no one. A look of shock frames his face. Until he notices the figure right behind him, trying to imitate his movements to use him as a cover. The turtle, without hesitation, turned back, catching the teen off guard as she now came into view.

"Y/N?" April mutters, shocked to see the girl again.

"Y/N?" Splinter repeated, making the girl stiffen up under his stern gaze. He squinted his eyes, finding familiarity in her expressions-- it was as though he'd seen a face just as familiar, and, he too, had gotten caught like this girl.
"Who are you?"

"Uhh..." Y/N mumbled, standing up straight as he looked the rat right in the eye, preparing to blurt out every information about her entire bloodline. "My name is Y/N. I forgot my age. I have a brother and he's a brat. His name's B/N. My mom's name is M/N. She's super nice but, I don't get to talk to her too often. I have an uncle in Queens. I haven't seen that guy in a long time. Uh- also, I like superheroes- my dad loved them too. He's like really cool. His name's F/N L/N. I---"

"F/N?"

Splinter, amid the girl's long monologue, finally spoke up. It was no wonder the girl looked familiar.

"Uh, yes, sir, affirmative," Y/N nods, not knowing if she should go on or not. "That's my father."

Silence washed over them all, Y/N fiddling with her fingers behind her back while Splinter merely stared at her... shocked yet... happy. No more words were uttered as he slowly gestured for her to follow him, making her and the other teens only assume the worst. When he leaves,
Y/N snaps back to look at everyone else.

"So-"

"Oh, Y/N! We're so sorry!" Mikey instantly threw himself on her, hugging her as he expressed his sympathy for the girl.

"Am I dying?" She questioned, pressing her lips into a thin line as she glanced at Leo with fearful eyes.

"No- obviously, not. But..." he trailed off, averting his gaze, giving Y/N the answer she didn't want. Silence.

"Okay, I'm dying."

"I knew your father."

"Everyone saw that coming."

"Oh."

Now, in the dojo, with the other teens outside, Y/N gently held the cup of tea in her hands. The warmth of it brushed against her face every time she pulled the cup close to her lips. She sat in front of the older mutant.