OPPOSING

/ DELUSION .

Face To Face.

"So apparently, you're not the only one that's coming after me." I spoke out, glaring at the girl who now stood in front of me.

Nuri's lips curved into a sly smirk, she had all intentions to mess with me.

"Why are you surprised?" She stepped forward, challenging my patience's. "You know what you did-"

"It was a setup." I immediately cut her off.

Her smile dropped, eyebrows pressed slightly together. She was irritated now.

"It was not.." She looked away, letting out a small grunt. "Nevermind."

She crossed her arms, eyes locking with mine. "Who exactly came after you anyway?" Nuri questioned.

I felt myself shrug. "I don't know." I answered.

"He didn't get to introduce himself. I just know he was clearly looking for ME before I took care of the situation." I spat bitterly.

Her eyebrows raised, her face shifting from: concern, confusion, irritation and confusion again.

"What do by you mean you have 'taken care of..?" She asked until she let out a loud gasp.

"Did you.. did you kill him?"

I felt my body tense.

Assumptions much?

"No!" I blurted out, raising my eyebrows as well as placing a hand on my hip. "What do you think I am?" I asked her.

"I'm not a.. murderer..." I quietly said.

I exhaled before straightening my posture. "I.. knocked him down."

Nuri didn't look like anything else but SKEPTICAL, she had her eyebrow raised. "Right.."

I uttered out a sigh of irritation. "I really just knocked him down, okay?"

I let out a breathless and cold chuckle, my body tensed.

"I'm just scared, seeing how many people are gonna show up now." I stated.

She pursed her lips, looking away and staying silent for a moment.

Nuri looked at me again, though she wasn't smiling.

"Well.. y'know, I can help you River." She suggested, placing her arms behind her back and walking closer.

"If you just let me out." Nuri mumbled.

Oh.

I shook my head. "You know that's never gonna happen." I declared.

"Not today, at least." I added on.

She let out a deep sigh. "Why not?"