Chapter 32 Drunk with Love

Trigger warning: Traumatic thoughts

Warning: Underage drinking. Do not drink until you are 21 in the country of the United States. This story takes place is Taisho era Japan and might display themes that were acceptable then and not acceptable now. 

The Kakushi came to pick us up before we knew it and carried us back to the butterfly mansion. When I got back, I tried to smile. I didn't want to bring anyone's spirits down. Rengoku wouldn't have wanted that. When I got to the mansion, they said that I didn't have any injuries besides my head. I somehow didn't even get a concussion. When they brought me to my usual hospital room, Uzui came to visit me. Uzui always visits me as long as he's not on a mission.

"Hey y/n." Said Uzui, "I brought some sake if you want some."

"No thanks," I said quietly to him, "I'm not supposed to have it."

"Nonsense. The drinking law is for irresponsible people. You're not irresponsible, besides, it helps numb the pain a little." Uzui said, pouring me some.

I pick up the glass. "How are you doing?" I asked him.

"Honestly, not great." He takes a swig of his glass. "Rengoku was my best friend and now, I really don't know what to do."

"Yeah." I take a sip of my glass, "He left some last words for you, if you want me to tell you."

Uzui looked shocked. "Really?" I nodded my head.

"What did he say?"

I take a breath. "He said that you're the greatest friend a man could hope for and your sword technique was truly beautiful, but you do have too many wives."

Uzui chuckles a little. "That does sound like him. I needed to hear that." He flicks a small tear off his cheek.

"It all happened so fast.... I'm still in shock. I still kind of refuse to believe it." I say take another sip.

We pretty much talked about Rengoku and drank sake the whole day. It seemed to really help Uzui grieve.

"You know y/n, thank you for doing this with me." Uzui said. "It helped. Also, I was starting to think that you hated me."

"Why did you think that?" I asked.

"You've just been ignoring me. Also I know that you're still kind of mad at me for the whole thing with your boyfriend."

"Yeah...." I said "but I don't hate you for it."

"Good," He said.

I smiled and took the last sip of sake, spilling it on myself. Uzui took the glass from me.

"That's enough." He said, smirking at me and leaving the room.

I really hate when he does that. When he pressures me into drinking until I'm drunk but not noticeably drunk. I think he finds it funny in a way. No, he definitely finds it funny. I think he makes me drink with him because he doesn't have too many people to drink with, since his brothers passed. He's lost so many people in his life.

I take a bath and get dressed after that. Then Zenitsu comes to check on me.

"Hey, y/n chan, it's time for dinner."

"I'll be there." I said getting up.

When I got there, everyone seemed really sad. Inosuke wasn't super messy with his food like he usually is. The only one who didn't seem depressed was Zenitsu, and he wasn't super close to Rengoku so that makes sense. I tried to take a sip of my drink and spilled it all over myself. Everyone was looking at me.