chapter 4 ✧˖°.

"ℑ 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢𝔫'𝔱 𝔟𝔩𝔲𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡 𝔰𝔬 𝔪𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔪 𝔓𝔬𝔪𝔣𝔯𝔢𝔶 𝔱𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔪𝔢 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢𝔡 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔪𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔰." - 𝔄𝔩𝔟𝔲𝔰 𝔇𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔡𝔬𝔯𝔢, 'ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢'.

"  - 𝔄𝔩𝔟𝔲𝔰 𝔇𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔡𝔬𝔯𝔢, 'ℌ𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔓𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔓𝔥𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔬𝔭𝔥𝔢𝔯'𝔰 𝔖𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔢'

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝒜𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒬𝓊𝒾𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒩𝒶𝓅𝓈*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

𝕾𝖊𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝟐𝟏𝖘𝖙, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊It was way too early for this. You were already tired. You had only run a lap across the quidditch field as Oliver had always made you guys start morning practice with. It was his cruel way of waking you up. The dew on the grass was fresh and you could feel the soles of your shoes and the fabric grow damp as you ran. Despite it all, the Weasley twins were laughing as they ran. In a good mood for this particular Saturday practice. It was not the first practice of the season, that had been the Monday after Quidditch tryout results were posted in the common room.

After your morning run, Oliver made you guys stretch literally everything. The 7th-years on the team all stood in the middle of the circle to direct stretching. Oliver demanded no funny business as he too sounded tired. The twins attempted to conceal their giggles after that.

Lyra, the wonderful magic-doer she was, had done your hair into Dutch braids this morning and you were wearing a comfy athletic outfit. It was not a requirement to be in your robes for morning practice thankfully.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊"Alright! Five warm-up laps with your brooms! Let's go!" Oliver yelled at the team and everyone hopped onto their brooms obeying the captain. Five laps came and went and then a practice match began.

You raced after the golden ball of light, glinting in the morning sun. The wind rushed past you and it felt nice. The snitch was a few feet ahead, flying upwards at a very fast rate. Unlucky for you, there were no clouds to blot out the glaring sun today so the higher you went, the harder it was to see where the snitch was. Yet it was still your job to find it.

No other person trained with you as a seeker, which probably shouldn't be the case but they needed the replacement seeker to help be the keeper so Oliver could watch the chasers' technique. It was Angelina and Alicia that were chasers but there was another boy who seemed to still be learning a bit.

You reached towards the light of the sun, standing up on your broom and feeling the golden ball nestle into your hand as you grabbed onto the snitch. You had caught it before, during tryouts. It was lightweight and generally seemed harder to catch than it felt. The metal of its wings however scraped against your fingers, probably leaving a few scratches for later. They were like parchment cuts, but worse, you had discovered.