CHAPTER 1

♪♪ if im ever gonna fall in love, I know it's gonna be you
   It's you, it's always you... I met alot of people but nobody feels like yo--♪♪

      I literally smashed my phone to shut my alarm. Yes I'm a huge Ali Gatie fan get over it.

    I suppressed a groan and rubbed my eyes trying to unwrap myself from the self-buritto I had put myself into last night and landed on the floor with an oomph. Owww ugh.

   I finally got over my fatigue and brought myself up to stretch before heading for the bathroom to take a shower. Wait...... The alarm went off. That can only mean one thing.

  I picked up my phone to check what time and date is it and I let out a huge gasp of shock.
It's the freaking first day of school!! "Ooooh fuck oh fuck oh fuck fuck fuck nooo", I yelled a little louder than I expected.

  "Watch your language young lady", my brother Terese playfully scolded."I'll give something to watch el carbròn" I muttered to myself before stepping into the shower.

   After a very much needed shower and contemplating between street wear or girlish because the truth it I don't know my aesthetic. Yes I know it's funny. I'm a pink freak and I love bows most of the time but I'm obsessed with baggy clothes and lazy wears, basically my type is big, hug or crop. Some of my friends from where I lived before told me my aesthetic is soft girl because I tend to hate dresses or skirts unless they are above knee length.

  I ended up settling for a nice black body hug with a red-black checkered tennis skirt and nice white long socks and my black and red Nike air force. Then of course my rings I can't do without them and my chain that has the map of Africa as the pendant.

  I looked at my hazel brown eyes in the mirror and applied light make up which was basically just lip gloss and mascara. I put on my glasses and brushed my 4b/c hair and it fell loosely over my shoulders. I reached for my tote bag and stuffed in my laptop, water bottle, ipad, charger, and perfume. I took a moment to appreciate God for giving me a curvy body that I didn't need to work out for.

   It's a blessing really, because I'm African..well my dad's African but my mom's Spanglish and my dad well .. he's hell bent on me embracing my culture but I spend most of my time speaking Spanish or Yoruba at home. If not those two then it's English all the way.

  I'm interracial im neither white nor black but I look more black because of my skin color and we'll my hair type. Same goes to my brothers and sisters.

  I was lost in my own thoughts before I heard my mom yelling "Theresa, te lo juro por Dios, niña, si no bajas tu trasero aquí, lo haré más hinchado de lo que ya está. ¡Y es una promesa!" Theresa, I swear to God girl if you don't get your ass down here right now I'll make it more swollen than it already is. And that's a promise!.

  "¿Está dando una fiesta allí? ¡Cristo!" is she throwing a party up there? Christ!,

"Está bien, ya voy mamá." okay okay I'm coming mom

I took in my looks one more time and exhaled sharply then headed downstairs just in time to see my mom was done with breakfast.

"I'll take this to go, i can't stay and eat because no time thank you mom", I said grabbing the plate of pancakes and heading to get a fork. Terese was already waiting for my at the door very impatiently.

  "Buena suerte cariño y mantente a salvo, mis bebés." "Good luck my darling, and stay safe my babies."       My mom yelled as we waved her goodbye.

  "Maldita sea, mamá realmente no puede ver que estamos creciendo." "damn, mum really cant see we're growing up"_. Terese said as we entered his car.
  "Estamos fuera de la casa pendejo, ya puedes dejar de hablar el idioma." "we're outside the house asshole you can stop speaking the language now",I said back at him which he in turn put his hand to his chest faking being hurt

"what the hell you used it too!", he said while he turned on the car and started driving.