Clan Customs

A/N: These are the customs of each Clan.

RidgeClan: 

- They have a tradition of climbing the highest ridges to watch the sunrise/sunset during clear nights. 

- New apprentices are given a special initiation ceremony, where they must climb the clan's sacred ridge.

- Before becoming a warrior the apprentices have to retrieve a feather from the highest peak of the territory, to prove their bravery and climbing skills while navigating the narrow path along the ridge. 

- Skywatcher Meditation: The warriors regularly climb to the highest ridges to meditate and seek guidance from the sky. They believe that the stars and clouds hold the wisdom of their ancestors.

SwiftClan: 

- They have a tradition of race to see which cats are the fastest and to hone their hunting skills. Afterwards, they have a feast in honor of the winners who can pick their choice of prey from the pile first.

- The cats often make special claw covers made from the tough, lightweight bark of a specific tree found only in their territory. The claw covers are worn during important ceremonies and races.  

-'Swiftpaw' training: When an apprentice reaches a certain skill level (Nearing their warrior ceremony) they are assigned ' Swiftpaw ' from the kits around 4-5 moons to train, working on their agility and speed together as a bonding experience. After their warrior ceremony, the older cat often becomes the official mentor for the Swiftpaw they trained. 

- ' Moonlit dreams ': The warriors often share dreams during the Halfmoon nights.

CreekClan: 

-They have an annual River Ceremony where they swim to a special island in the middle of the largest creek. It often precedes the Annual  Fish Festival.

- Elders of the Clan often tell stories about mysterious water spirits protecting the Clans rivers.

- Annual Fish Festival: CreekCaln holds an annual festival where they celebrate their hunting skills. They have to present the biggest catch to the leader who will act as a judge. The winner will get to choose their favorite prey as the prize.

- Submerged ceremonies: To become a warrior an apprentice must retrieve a special river plant from the bottom of the largest creek as the test of their courage and swimming ability 

-The cats are given a beautiful riverstone after an important life event, for example after they have gotten their warrior name or have had kits. 

- Greenleaf celebration: On the first day of Greenleaf the Clan gathers to make flower bracelets and other ornaments to celebrate. 

WhisperClan: 

- The Clan is known for its exceptional tracking and stealth skills. They have a tradition of communicating through whispers while hunting or following the enemy during battle

- The ceremonies are conducted in complete silence, only the leader and the cats involved in the ceremony are allowed to speak. 

- During the new moon nights WhisperClan holds Silent Vigils where they sit in complete silence to heighten their skills. It's considered a rite of passage for new apprentices. 

- Leaves of Secrets: WhisperClans medicine cats have a tradition of collecting leaves of specific trees from Silent Grove during half-moon nights. The leaves are believed to hold the secrets of the forest and are used by the medicine cats for healing purposes if a sickness or wound seems to be difficult to heal.

- Oath of Silence: WhisperClan warriors take an oath of silence during battles, only communicating through gestures and silent signals to confuse their enemies.

StormClan:

- The cats practice their fighting skills during storms by sparring in the rough waves.

- When the cat becomes a leader they will receive a special storm-scarred rock as the symbol of their leadership, which is rumored to have been found by their first leader. The rock is kept in the leader's den and is passed down to the next leader, signifying the clan's enduring strength in the face of adversity.

- Thunderstruck challenges: During the thunderstorms, the warriors will often challenge each other to sparring matches.

- Lightning celebration: During thunderstorms, the apprentices and newly made warriors participate in the Lightning celebration, a special dance-like ceremony where they leap and play in the lighting and rain to show their courage and strength.

- Those warriors who have fought during a particularly severe storm, are given a special token, often a feather of a specific seabird, as a sign of resilience and strength.

- The elders often tell stories about the famous warriors and leaders to the kits and younger apprentices during the storms as a way to keep them safe.

NightClan: 

- The cats are known for their exceptional night vision and hunting skills. They have a tradition of hunting at night and the warriors then patrol the borders during the darkest hours.

- NightClan cats hold regular stargazing ceremonies to connect with their predecessors in StarClan

-Shadow Games: NightClan apprentices often engage in shadow games, where they practice their stealth and night hunting by sneaking up on each other in the moonlight. It's used as both training and a playful bonding activity.  

- Secretive ' Whispered Council ' where the senior warriors gather at night to make important decisions.

- 'Night's journey ': A custom of replicating the journey of Nightstar, the founder of the Clan by newly made warriors where they face a fake ambush by their former mentor and a few other warriors along with a few other trials, like having to navigate a narrow path through the trees, marked by a few white stones.

A/N: If you have any other ideas for customs for any of the Clans, comment below.