Prologue

My name is Nicoletta Salvatore. I am 164 years old, though I don't look like it since I have been 17 for 147 of those years.

I grew up in Mystic Falls with my two brothers Stefan and Damon. Our lives were good, actually better than good, fantastic. That is, until the walking abomination that is Katherine pierce came into town.

See, the thing about Katherine is that she seems to put everyone (especially men) around her under what I like to call her spell. My two idiot brothers were willing victims.

Katherine made them obsess about her. They would give up anything just to be with her, and didn't help that she was dating both of them. Katherine wedged herself in between my brothers, and we all, not just dumb and dumber, had to pay the price. For my family, it was our lives, well as humans to be exact.

--------------------------------------------------
I squeezed Gabriel's hand lovingly as we walked through the forest together. I love nature walks, the 're so serene, and the only way I get to see my child hood suitheart without getting grounded. My dad's rules are so unfair! He thinks that Gabriel isn't good enough for me just because he doesn't like him. My thoughts are interrupted abruptly by the sound of two gunshots.

I gasp as I see Stefan being shot by father, along with Damon who has already collapsed on the grass. I stare at my father in disbelief while running up to him. I think I hear Gabriel trying to get me to run away, but I don't listen. I have a one track mind right now.

When I'm close enough to my father I try to grab his gun away from him. Maybe he will listen. Before my fingers even brush the barrel of the gun, I hear a loud bang, and cry out as I start to feel white hot pain searing it's way through my stomach. I look down to see blood oozing out of my wound and collapse onto the ground. I feel a single tear roll down my cheek. I have always loved my father, and I thought he loved me too. His betrayal hurts way more then the bullet that's lounged into my stomach.
When father walks away from us, his dying kids, all I see in his eyes are hatred. I let out a racking sob, but regret it immediately as pain overwhelms me. So...much...pain. I groan while trying to see past the darkness that is starting to consume me. The last thing I see before everything goes dark is Damon's bright blue eyes.

-----------------------------------------------
I wake up gasping for air. What happened? Aren't I supposed to be dead?

I try to look around to find out where I am and get an idea of what's going on, but the sun is too powerful. I lay back down and close my eyes. Okay Nicole,think. I sighed as I went over the details of last night in my head. First, I went on a walk with Gabriel but it got cut short because we heart 2 gunshots....oh god. Gunshots! Then Stefan and Damon are dead? I tear rolled down my eyes involuntarily, and I was consumed by grief. Wait....but I got shot too. Shouldn't I be dead? I opened my eyes once more. The sun was still too much, but I had to deal with it for now.

I sat up and stretched. When I looked down at my shirt I saw a big blood stain where I had been shot. Huh? I eagerly lifted my shirt up. There was a lot of dry blood, but no wound. It...healed? How is that even possible? I was still deep in thought when I saw Damon walking towards me.

"Oh my god, DAMON!!!" I screamed, so relieved that he is okay. I ran up and hugged him, but knocked him over. What??? I was never strong enough to knock Damon over. What the hell is happening to me?

"Damon I thought u were dead!" I exclaim while hugging him even tighter.

"Where's stefan? Is he okay?" I ask with clear urgency in my voice.

"Slow down nicki, he's okay. But there's something you need to know." He replies while looking at me cautiously, trying to see how I will take this news. I hope it's not bad news, I tend to get very dramatic sometimes.

His silence makes me even more eager for more answers.

"Damon! Spit it out!" I yell. He sighs before answering. "We are all vampires now." He pauses to gadge my reaction (which is an amused expression on my face with one of my eyebrows cocked) "Nicoletta, I'm serious." He says with a grim expression on his face. Dang he is serious. He only calls me by my full name when he is.

"What? How? I thought vampires were just bedtime stories father would tell us." I remark semi bitterly at the mention of my father.

"Those bedtime stories just so happened to be true. Katherine was a vampire. Do you remember from fathers stories how you become one?" Damon asks.

"Yeah...don't you have to die with vampire blood in your syst-...oh," I cut myself off, beginning to understand this big mess. "But who do we know that's a vampire?" I ask with a puzzled look on my face. Oh my god, Katherine. I knew there was always something off about her. Before Damon can speak I say "Katherine?". He gives me a smile, which looks more like a grimace. Who could blame him for being unhappy about this tho.

"Very good. See, you got your brains from me " Damon smirks.

"Oh god, I hope not. Because if you had used your brains, we wouldn't be in this mess now would we?" I retort, the smirk falling off of Damon's face. I feel really agitated today.

"I'm sorry Day, I'm just so hungry, the sun is killing me, and i feel all messed up inside! I wanna punch something but I also want to hug something like a really soft cat...or a puppy." I start to ramble, but cut myself off before I say something I might regret. Ugh! All I can think about is blood!

I hear a wosh, and look behind me to see Stefan with...a girl, whose neck is already bitten into and bleeding. I can't stop staring at the blood, how it shimmers under the sun, how it taunts me, how its just waiting there for someone to drink it.

I start to take Involuntary steps towards the girl. I try to stop myself but I know I can't. I know what I have to do, feed or die, and right now feed looks pretty good to me. I feel little pin-pricks of pain near my canine teeth, that quickly intensifies with each step that I take.

"Sister hasn't feed yet?" Stefan asks with a devilish grin on his face.

"Stefan, no. Don't force her into something she doesn't want." Damon says while protectively pulling me behind him. I feel a wave of pannick with every second that I'm not digging my fangs into that girls neck.

"Oh I'm pretty sure she wants it Damon." Stefan says smugly while speeding over to me with the girl in his arms. The hunger becomes irresistible, so I use the inhuman speed that I didn't even know I had, and sink my fangs into her neck.

I felt the veins beneath my eyes pulsating, but I didn't care. All I could do was dry her of all of her rich blood.

When I was done, I through the body on the ground. I could feel a new kind of energy pumping through my veins. It felt...amazing. There is no other way to describe it.

Sooo what do you think? Leave comments on what you would likel to see in the next chapter, which is probaly gonna be the second part to the prologue. Also let me know if I made any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Happy reading !