✧Chapter 22: A forbidden love

Azura's POV

Slowly opening my eyes, I welcomed the comforting sense of security that invaded my body as I moved in Neteyam's arms to look at his face. A week had passed since Quaritch's threat and his people hadn't come for the Sullys, yet that didn't mean we weren't alert for their attack.

After staring at his resting face for a while, I decided it was time to get ready. Today was Rewon Sä'eoio, but this time it will be special since the Sully family will join us at the ceremony for the first time as members of the clan. They had spent a month learning our dance and song, and now it was their time to prove to everyone in the Li'ona Clan that they were one of our own.

With care, I tried to wriggle out of Neteyam's arms but it was impossible. His grip on my waist was firm, giving me little room to move. "Stay" he said half asleep in a sleepy voice, "We must get prepared for the ceremony tìyawn" "Can we just not go? I want to spend my morning in bed with you". My cheeks turned a darker shade of blue at his words, so I subtly hid my face in my pillow.

He grabbed my chin and turned my head towards him until our gazes met. "Don't you ever hide that stunning face from me. I love to see how good you look when you blush", the warmth on my face deepened and I suppressed the big grin that threatened to appear on my face. Neteyam began to leave soft kisses all over my face, "As much as I would love for us to stay like this, we have duties to attend"

Neteyam let out a groan, "One day I'll trap you in bed and you won't be able to leave my side even if you wanted to" he mumbled but I was able to hear it nonetheless. "Come on, I have a surprise for you" I whispered in his ear while standing up from my bed. As I washed my face, I heard Neteyam's footsteps from behind me. "What's the surprise?", "I don't know, you'll have to guess" I answered without looking at him.

He wrapped his hands around my torso and gently turned me around, "You ain't gonna tell me" he said with a dishy smirk. I shook my head from side to side and embraced him by the neck, "Close your eyes" I demanded excitedly while reaching for his present. He didn't comply so I covered his eyes with my hand making Neteyam laugh at my childish action.

"Did you close your eyes?" "I did", "Promise?" "Mmhm". Holding his hands in mine, I placed the necklace I had made for him on top of them. "You can open them now", his eyes opened and he stared at the necklace for a while. "I made it green because it's your favourite colour. Do you like it?" I asked timidly, "No" Neteyam answered and a smile emerged on his face. "Then why are you smiling if you don't?" "Because there are no words to express how much I love it"

Neteyam's eyes locked on mine as he handed me back the necklace and reached behind his neck to remove his. "Do you mind?" he asked turning around so I could put my gift around his neck, his hands held his hair up and I stood on my toes to fasten the necklace. I stared at his well-defined biceps as I fixed the hook, once it clipped I couldn't help but leave a soft kiss on the crook of his neck.

When he turned I observed how the necklace looked as good on him as I had imagined. Its brown and green hues blended perfectly with Neteyam's body, "A traditional Liona jewellery for a Liona member" I said proudly. "It's beautiful Azura", "Now you have your own Txanwawe 'ali'ä" I looked deeply at Neteyam's yellow orbs and smiled. "Every male member of my clan has one" "And what does it mean?"

"Each wooden pearl has its own meaning. The biggest one is for family and friends, everyone who is important to you represents this pearl. The smallest one represents yourself, your personality, your hobbies, everything that is a part of you" I began to explain, "And the one in the middle?" Neteyam asked with curiosity as he caressed it. "It's for the female you love" taking my eyes away from his, I stared at the pearl downhearted.