chapter twenty

Amelia's Pov
"Mommy! mommy!"she shouts running to me excitedly. I missed her so much despite me seeing her just yesterday. I want to tell myself that I'm overreacting but Marie wouldn't just show up and claim sexual assault by her if they weren't involved and things went bad. "I missed you so much baby. How about we go get ice cream and you hang out with Riley and Brandon?" I ask and she's already jumping up and down. I hate that she's always indoors unless I take her out. I could ask to take her but she's her rightful guardian despite me signing the papers. She's so important to her and me too.

I decide to ring her because she isn't at the house and it just looks empty, like it's missing something, me perhaps. "Mara tell Mike to put in the car seat then pack me a bag of Ari's clothes," I say and she nods before leaving with a look that makes me want to come back. I miss her, us, our home. I fish out my phone on my way to our bedroom. It looks clean and new, almost as if no one sleeps on it.

"Hello Carino,"

"I stopped by the house and you're not home. I just wanted to let you know that I'm taking Ari for the weekend. Riley and Brandon miss her so it's only fair that she's in a different environment,"

"Okay. How are you and the baby?"

"Good. I umm have an appointment later today with the doctor,"I say hoping she'll get the hint and ask for the time so she can be there but she doesn't. "Take care of you three for me, please,"she says before hanging up. She hurt me ad somehow I feel like I was wrong for spacing myself out of our marriage. I just want to be in her arms believing every word that comes out of her mouth because I knew she'd never lie to me or hurt me. "Let's go mommy,"she says grabbing my hand with her tiny one with the other one holding her small bag pack. She hands me her bag with clothes fit for the weekend. There's security detail and I don't object mainly because I'm with Ariella and she's the he most important person to protect in all this.

Mike helps her into her car seat but I object him driving so he rides with the security detail. "Hey big head," "hey runaway bride,"

"Phelia that's not how it goes...anyways guess who's coming for a sleepover with Riles,"

"not you, you're practically here every other day,"

"duck you!"

"You fu-"

"Ariella is in the car miss vulgar,"I say stopping her from cursing.

"Aww I'm keeping her. She's just too cute. Makes me want to have another one,"she says making us both chuckle.

"Do you guys need anything?"

"You know I'm always ready for my goddaughter. But bring Riles some tampons and if it's possible could you pick her up from uni? Brandon isn't feeling well and I can't leave him alone. "And you swear you don't have a favourite child,"I say and hang up before she starts explaining herself.

"Ari baby,"

"yes mommy,"

"how about we pick Riley up first then get ice cream together?"

"Yay yay and I can show her my new toy!"she says excitedly. I can't wait for her to start school so she can be around people her age and make friends too. I put on the radio with Rihanna reminding me how smitten Rihanna was to love the way he lied. I switch to songs more her age so she has time to pick up on words. When we pull up to the university parking lot there's stares from students reminding me once again that I'm Amelia Scuderi with the security detail. I get out of the car and help her out of her car seat so she can walk around abit. "Hey Riles,your mom told me to pick you up. Where are you?"I ask  and I can already hear squeeling.