🍋Fools gold x Reader🍋

YES ANOTHER.w

You sighed, pacing around your room as you awaited your next match. You recently got your match papers, and you had a lot of rounds with the Prospector, Norton. You and Norton had never been to close, but he's saved you quite a couple of times, and you two work good together. Neither one of you has tried to make advances on the other, given that you were complete strangers, and neither one has tried to converse with the other either. Just as you begun pacing a bit faster, your mind's pace quickened as well.

Ugh. He is always so cold. Even when he saves me from the hunter, he's just..cold. Well..He is attractive so its ok. Attractive? Norton? No way did I just think that. Well..I mean..He has nice hair..And pretty eyes..and his piercing is... hot..

Just as you realized that you found him kinda attractive, you heard a hard knock on your door, causing you to jump softly. You calm your heart's pace before walking over to the door and opening it slightly.

Towering over you, stood the
Prospector. Your face turned a bright shade of red, embarrassed at your thoughts earlier. He tilted his head softly, before leaning in slightly to speak. "We have a match in about half an hour. Meet us in the lobby." He said firmly, a slightly smirk covering his mouth as he left you a blushing mess.

What just happened.

You stepped down the quartz steps, being sure not to slip as you looked up from your feet for a split second, meeting the Prospector's gaze for a moment, before your eyes returning to the floor. As you stepped into the lobby, waiting for the match to begin, you could feel your hand begin to tremble. Matches always made you nervous, as there was always the possibility of dying. Of course, you always respawned back at the lobby, but that didn't stop the feeling of disappointment from your teammates, and yourself. You sighed sharply, trying to stop your hands from quivering. You looked up around the room, everyone im the round stood, patiently waiting.  None of them were shaking. Because there strong. And you have to be strong too.
You sighed sharply once more as your head immediately snapped over to Norton, who made his way next to you while you were thinking. Your heartbeat quickened slightly, pounding in your ears as you look at the ground, avoiding eye contact. You heard him chuckle softly before you felt a cold gloved hand grasp yours. You jumped at the sudden gesture, looking back toward Norton, who was wearing his usual cold expression and looking forward. He exhaled sharply as you felt his hand squeeze yours lightly.
Just as you squeezed his hand back, all of your visions faded to black for a moment.

You woke up, standing on the cold hard ground covered in crunchy leaves and broken twigs. You immediately took in your surroundings, looking around frantically before coming to the conclusion that the map was the Dark Woods; your least favorite. It wasn't that it was a bad map, it was just difficult with all the twists and turns and trees.
You sighed sharply as you made your way towards the first cipher machine.

The first machine went by smoothly, you hitting the right buttons at the right time to decode the puzzles shown of the small thing screen. You smiled as the light above illuminated the area around the cipher machine.

"One down..four more to go"

You whispered quietly to yourself as you left the decoded machine and ran towards the abandoned house, where the second cipher machine was located.

Grunts escaped his lips as he followed that damned doctor towards the house. Large heavy breaths slipped through his wide grin as he raised his pickaxe, readying to swing when he heard someone off to the side. His head snapped in their direction, spotting nothing but a footprint in the soft dirt. He grunted once more, looking back towards the doctor, only to find his victim had escaped while he was distracted. Doesn't matter now. Someone was inside the house, and just his luck, he was right outside.