Epilogue

third pov

third pov

One month later.

A sigh passed Baek Eunju's lips as she rested her head on Park Sunghoon's shoulder whilst their hands linked within each other as they sat at the bus stop.

The leaves were beginning to turn orange and the once warm air was becoming bitter, indicating that summer was ending, and autumn was beginning.

That also meant that the School year was starting again. College was starting — and to say Eunju was rather reluctant about it all would be an understatement.

3 weeks ago.

"But I don't want to go college without you..." Eunju sadly sobbed, sitting on Sunghoon's lap, while he sat on the edge of her bed.

"You'll be fine, Eunju." Sunghoon softly chuckled and gently wiped away a few tears that had spilled from her eyes. "I'll only be six hours away. We'll still see each other in the holidays."

"Six hours is too much, and seeing each other in the holidays isn't enough." She huffed, playing with his hair.

"Well then we'll phone." The boy suggested.

"Everyday?" The girl grinned, causing Sunghoon to laugh and nod in agreement.

"Do remember that I love you, pretty girl." Sunghoon spoke just above a whisper, watching as Eunju's cheeks burned crimson. "Forever and always."

"Forever and always." She whispered back, before she placed a kiss on his lips.

Present day.

"This bus is taking forever." Eunju pointed out, as she lifted her head from Sunghoon's shoulder.

Seeing as they didn't have much time left together, they both decided to spend the next few days together. They had to make the most of it, and so, today, they were going to the basketball court — Sunghoon had insisted that he taught his girlfriend a few tricks or so before he left.

"Here it is." Sunghoon chuckled and stood up from the bench, his hand still connected with Eunju's warm one as they climbed onto the bus and found their seat.

A sigh of relief came from Eunju as a smile appeared on her lips once her eyes looked out of the window of the vehicle.

"Juie," Sunghoon called out, causing the girl to turn to look at him. In his hand was one of his Airpods and immediately, Eunju's grin widened as she took it from him and placed it in her ear. "You choose the song."

Eunju gladly took his phone and began scrolling through their joint music playlist, before her eyes lightened once they landed on a certain track.

"This?" Sunghoon playfully whined as the music began playing. "Again? Seriously?"

"Yes, now stop whining, I know you love it." She laughed, leaning into Sunghoon, who placed his warm hand on her inner thigh as the pair listened to 'Cherry' by Lana Del Rey.

By meeting Park Sunghoon, he helped her not only expand her social circle, but he also helped her learn to love herself and the body she was birthed with. In other words, Park Sunghoon saved Baek Eunju from not only herself, but from the cruel world — and she'd forever be grateful to him for that.

Baek Eunju and Park Sunghoon were soulmates and there was nothing that was going to stop that. They were destined to be together — from the time they spoke on the roof, to the time they had detention together. They rescued each other without even knowing it, and that's the beauty of their romance.

Baek Eunju fell for Park Sunghoon's best friend, but in the end, she finally opened her eyes and saw that her true love was right in front of her the whole time.

And now, as a big chapter of Baek Eunju's life comes to an end, an even bigger one just begins...

The End.

☆★