Emelisse

Emelisse Cromwell had always been plagued with the inability to use magic, unlike her brother and sisters who excelled in it. Her family, particularly her father Alisseo Cromwell, had treated her with disdain and kept her hidden away in the basement of their manor.

Emelisse's life took a turn when she gained her magic and received a letter from Hogwarts, inviting her to join their school for witchcraft and wizardry. It was a chance for her to escape her miserable existence.

Finally admitted into Hogwarts, Emelisse was filled with both excitement and fear. Her father had warned her to stay out of trouble, and she couldn't help but feel anxious about being sorted into a house.

Emelisse sat in the cold tile bathroom floor. Her arms hugging a teddy bear tightly. She was too frightened to go out. She heard a knock at the door and quickly hid the bear inside her cloak "I'm coming" she said as she stood up adjusting her uniform. She had stayed a bit longer than she intended and Professor Fig was talking to the headmaster for her to give her a chance.

As she made her way to the great hall, she nervously clutched her teddy bear Jackers under her cloak so no one would see it. Especially her sisters. She was seeking comfort from the familiar toy.

Walking down the aisle, Emelisse's eyes darted around the hall, catching glimpses of her siblings and overhearing whispers from other students. Her heart raced with apprehension, knowing that if she wasn't sorted into Slytherin like her family, her father would be furious.

But amidst the chaos, Emelisse's attention was caught by a boy with fluffy, Raven hair and dreamy ocean eyes who stood out in the crowd. He seemed kind and gentle. She held a slight blush while her green eyes locked onto his. Her heart skipped a beat as she softly smiled and gave him a small wave, only to be interrupted by his friend teasing him, causing him to blush and look away.

As she sat down at the sorting ceremony, Emelisse's nerves were at an all-time high. Her hands fidgeting and her heart began to race once more. The whispers surrounded her mind until she heard a ringing in her ear and all fell silent. "You belong in.... HUFFLEPUFF!" The sorting hat finally declared. Her heart sank and her eyes widened. She was afraid of what her family would think, and part of her wanted to run away, far far away. She wanted to get out of there. But deep down, she knew that this was her chance to finally embrace her magic and be accepted for who she truly was.

Her eyes captured her siblings. Her brother's eyes furrowed and he looked worried while his sisters snickered and shook their head knowing what was to come from this. She felt suffocated almost hard to breathe. Until she felt Professor Weasley pat her shoulder. She came back to her senses watching her uniform change to a bright gold that reminded her of the sun. One she hasn't seen in a while.

She finally got the courage to go sit down as she chose not to run. Emelisse dragged her feet towards the Hufflepuff table while her brother gave her a small wave with a soft smile. A silent 'you're okay' between the two of them. As she walked she heard the students talking about how one of Merlin's descendant wound up in Hufflepuff. A powerful well known family and their child ends up in the wrong house.

She finally made it to her seat and sat down with her head down low. Emelisse chose to sit far back at the edge of her table. Her finger tapping the wood as she tried to hold back her tears. Slowly peeking inside her robe to look at her bear without anyone noticing she carried it around. She wanted to be left alone considering she was used to it anyway

Although, a girl with rather long Ash Grey hair seemed to put that to shame. She stood over Emelisse with a large smile, "Oooooh! Is that a bear?" She asked with a bright tone.

Emelisse eyes widened as she pushed the bear in more trying to hide it from sight. "N-no it's not I-" she looked up blushing at the girl "um hi my name is Emelisse Cromwell" she said nervously as her hand went to greet hers.

The Lion and the Frog: A Hogwarts Legacy storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें