Just a Name

"Um... hi..." Adrien said nervously as he looked down at her.

she sniffled before her eyes widened. She hid the bear once more and looked away "hello" she whispered.

Adrien looked behind himself. Seeing the sun barely peak over the valley tops behind the Hogwarts castle. The lights slowly going on one by one as the students crowded into their houses, freshmen's being given a quick tour.

His gloved hand held the curtain of the quidditch field's Gryffindor Prep tent. Squeezing it gently before returning his gaze to the girl, "come here," he whispered, waving his hand over so he could show her the view.

His freckled cheeks rose as he gave a gentle nervous smile. Still feeling a bit awkward from someone sitting in his 'hideout' area.

Emelisse quickly wiped away her tears hoping he didn't notice them. She hesitated a moment while looking at him. She didn't even know his name but his smile seemed genuine and sincere. Should she trust someone so easily?

She reluctantly stood up and adjusted her skirt before she walked towards where he led her. Putting her trust into someone she didn't know. "W-where are we going?" She asked nervously as she felt her palms start to sweat.

Adrien smiled as he took a step aside, pointing to the spot of grass infront of him for her to stand. She nodded as she walked in front of him. Everything went silent and the only thing she heard was the crunching of grass underneath her shoes.

He stood behind her being able to see from the top of her head. Emelisse was small compared to the rest of her siblings as she was only 5 feet tall.

He bent down the 4 inches he had on her. Leveling his eyes with hers from behind and pointing to the castle. The scent of Vanilla lingered around her and he was now close enough to smell it.

Her breathing became a bit rapid and her heart raced. She held her breath as he stood behind her feeling a bit of goosebumps form on her skin. She wasn't used to having such close contact with people. She spent almost her entire life locked away in the dark basement. The only time she was really allowed out is when guest came over or the Gaunts.

"That is your home now, don't let anyone bother you. You'll find a few good ones to help you along the way... a-and the magic of it all isn't so bad," he said with a smile.

There- it was as if all the magic in the world was there in that old castle. You could see it all, there was something about that first day of school every year.

The sky had turned pink from the sun getting closer to its set, despite the white airbrushed clouds that scattered throughout it. Then, two hippogriffs flew from the forbidden forest, dancing around one another just to cross over the black lake.

Hogwarts lights now all a soft golden glow. This sight only one you can see from atop the hillside that the quidditch pitch stood from.

A soft blush formed around her cheeks, and the eyes that once held a hint of sadness now shined as she looked around her.

She smiled happily as her skin went from a pale color to a gold hue from the setting sun light. Her face practically lit up as she gasped seeing the hippogriffs. She took a step forward giggling at the sight. Emelisse had read about them in books but never actually seen them.

She felt better of what was to come. It felt as though she belonged here and this is where she was meant to be. Her head tilting back giving him a warm smile "thank you it's beautiful"

Adrien nodded giving her a nod and a smile as he tucked his hands into his black robe pockets.

"I'm Adrien Knox, what's yours?" He asked, starting to step towards her. Stopping briefly in-front as his blue gaze that was shaded from his long hair met her sun kissed one.