03 - In The Shadows Of This Smoke-Filled Room (chanchang)

Word Count: 28,824

Tags: Prison AU part2, Dubious Consent, Top Bang Chan, Bottom Seo Changbin, Dom/Sub, Moral Ambiguity, implied/referenced rape/non-con, mentions of sexual assault, implied rape not between Chan and Changbin, mentions of murder, implied/referenced child abuse, mentions of child neglect, mentions of child death, implied murder, Bang Chan is trying his best, Bang Chan is bad at feelings, brief Chan/original male characters, Dubcon Kissing, Manipulation, Intimidation, Guilt, Coercion, Finger Sucking, Name Calling, Praise Kink, Begging, Degradation, Humiliation, Verbal Humiliation, First Time Blow Jobs, Wet & Messy, Shameless Smut, Public Sex, referring to the handjobs in the showers, Fluff, but only if you squint really really hard, Hopeful Ending, Happy Ending

Summary: Bang Chan had gone through life unsure of many things and had learned early in life that sometimes people were dealt shitty cards. In prison, he learns how to play the games he needs to to make others heel at his feet and he'd learned that in order to get certain things he would have to do things he hated. But when a new inmate with soft looking skin, bright eyes and a look far too pretty and innocent for his own good is assigned as his new cellmate, Chan learns how to play a different game, perhaps one he thinks he's winning at but ultimately ends up losing somewhere along the way.

//////////

"Chan... What have you done?"

"You- you- Chan, you have to get out of here!"

"Chan! Chan!"

"By the court of law, the jury has ruled the defendant guilty of voluntary manslaughter and is sentenced to fifteen years in prison with the possibility of parole..."

Chan's eyes flew open and his sight was met with the bottom of the top bunk mattress. His chest rose and fell quickly and as he blinked up blankly, he crossed his arms over his chest to ward off the sudden spike of cold that ran through his body. The cell was naturally cold, the cement walls did their job in keeping it fresh and warding off the heat and even if the prison's air conditioning was garbage, it was somehow always cold in the cell blocks. He felt like he was freezing.

Chan exhaled heavily, trying to get his heartbeat to slow back into a normal rhythm, his eyes falling shut as he counted to ten in his head. He was just about to let himself fall back asleep when the unmistakable sound of his cell being unlocked came through the haze in his head.

Chan kept his eyes shut and when he heard the small whimper and the scuff of shoes against the cement floor, he knew what it meant.

A new cellmate.

It was quiet as the guard closed the cell back up, keys rattling and the lock clicking into place fading into background noise as Chan tried to focus on the new presence in his cell. The man was breathing heavily, heavy enough that Chan knew he was undoubtedly shaking like a leaf, his breaths harsh and almost echoing in the cell.

Chan could feel the stare, felt it boring into him and he finally decided to speak up.

"Done?" He opened one eye and peaked over at the man. Man. Chan fought off a scoff as he looked at the boy pressed against the wall.

The boy's face reddened and Chan saw him visibly flinch and press himself further back against the wall as if trying to make himself disappear into it.

"Sorry." His voice was small, terrified and absolutely pitiful as he tried to make himself seem smaller. Chan opened both eyes and pushed himself off the bed, hiding the light bit of surprise at the realization that the boy was almost the same size as he was.