CHAPTER 16

SARAH

Present

Okay. That went better than I expected. I thought he'd stop talking to me or anything like that but nope, the apology went well.
And I finally feel a little lighter.

I took a deep breath taking in the night beach air waves. I was sitting on my balcony sipping my coffee when I heard a knock on the door.
I left my coffee cup on the table and moved towards the door.

It was Tanvi.

"Hello there." She greeted, giving me a hug.

"Hi. What're you doing here?" I asked with a smile.

"Why? Can't I just come and visit my friend?" She asked.

"No. I mean yes you can. Come in." I said.

"Sit, I'll get you water."

"Who needs water when I got us vodkaaa!" She screeched, taking out the vodka bottle.

I breathed a laugh and sat down with her after getting two glasses for us. She poured me the vodka and I gulped it down.

"Oh yes, I needed this." I groaned, after taking in another shot.

"I've something to tell you but, first, how'd it go with Dr. Ronan?" She asked, pouring the liquid in our glasses.

"It was fine." I said. "He's just always mad at me. Like he hates me or something. I mean he's just always pointing out my mistakes, unnecessarily." I leaned back on the leather chair, taking in a deep breath.

"Yeah, he does seem weird to me too." She paused and said, "But he's hot." I cocked an eyebrow at her, sitting back up.

"No seriously, I saw his Instagram and trust me, I can't believe that was him in his posts." She said, scrolling through her phone.

"Tanvi. You've been stalking him? And where'd you get his Instagram?" I snatched the phone from her and saw his posts.

Damn. Tanvi wasn't wrong. His photos could make any girl go mad and cream her pants.

"I wonder how many girls masturbate because of him." A smile curled up my lips.

"Well I'm one of them." Tanvi chuckled. I widened my eyes at her giving a look.

"Just kidding, Edan's one look can do it for me." She said, raising her hands and going in for the drink.

"I feel he's good for you." She said, making me choke on my drink.

"Why the fuck do you think that?" I blurted out.

"Yeah, he's a doctor, you're a doctor and you guys will look good together."

"Tanvi, I'm not interested in a relationship anymore."

"Come on Sarah, I told you to move on."

"I have moved on. It's just that I feel like I can't fall in love with someone again." I told her, looking down. Tanvi held my hand, with a reassuring look.