☆The Way of the Jungle☆

Word Count: 2021
"Words." -English speaking
'Words.' -English thoughts
"Words." - Na'vi speaking
'Words.' - Na'vi thoughts

Ao'nung awoke to the sounds of a laughing Pekey, he groaned moving his arm to cover his face. "Shut up Pekey!" He shouted at the young boy. The young child continued to laugh before Ao'nung hissed to himself before sitting up.

He moved the blanket off of him before tying his hair back into his bun, he scoffed before standing up from the mat, he walked into the front room of the pod, there stood the younger Omatikaya girl, she stood there giving the young boy something. It looked like a bracelet maybe, it didn't really matter though.

Ao'nung scoffed at himself before grabbing a fishwrap from his mother thanking her. "Thank you..." he said before walking up behind his younger brother. He ruffled the young boy's afro. The young boy looked up to his older brother pouting a bit making the man chuckle.

Neteyam lost her smile before bringing her hand to her stomach looking to the ground. "Come..." she spoke to the Metkayina man before she started to walk away, soon Ao'nung followed behind before grabbing his knife from a small table next to the entrance of the pod.

They walked down Hometree quickly, or at least the young woman did as the man struggled to keep up.

As they made it to the bottom the young girl breathed in a bit, allowing the fresh forest scent to come rushing to her lungs. Ao'nung looked at her weirdly but only waited for her.

The girl quickly started to walk out of the village sights and into the dangerous forest. They walked past multiple small ponds quickly over to a small area where a horse like creature, like before stood licking at a plant full of nectar, and another napping a bit.

"Go wait there." The young woman said pointing at the side of the area. Ao'nung walked over there slightly sighing. The girl quickly disappeared before coming back with a horse like creature in her grip.

She walked over to Ao'nung petting the creature. "This is Pa'li." She said moving her gaze towards the Metkayina man. "What you call horse." She quickly explained. Ao'nung moved his hand to the creature's neck petting the creature, a snort coming from the Pa'li. "Easy boy." Ao'nung said failing at comforting the thing. "Once you make Tsaheylu with him you will feel what he does, you will tell him what to do in here," she said pointing at her head before continuing. "For now, tell him out loud." She directed, Ao'nung nodded before mounting the creature.

He sat on the creature straightening his back. He looked down to the girl for more directions, she looked at him quickly before moving away. "Go." She said holding her stomach. Ao'nung looked forward before speaking. "Forward." As soon as he said that the creature took off quickly surprising the Metkayina.

To the Metkayina's and girls surprise he fell off the creature, he fell into mud quickly covering his arms and legs. "Shit!" He mumbled under his breath making the girls laugh lowly.

Ao'nung got up whipping himself from the mud, failing horribly he decided he'd let it be. Ao'nung looked over to the side before scoffing lowly.

There stood the young woman standing next to the man from the night before. The man stood tall as he talked to the girl. Ao'nung listened a bit but couldn't make out any words.