0 • prologue

Spencer walked into the federal office building just like any other day, pressing the 6th button in the elevator. Before getting to his destined floor, the machine stopped on the 3rd, and a young woman, around 5'5, walked into the lift when the doors opened.

She looked as if she was in her mid-20s.

The thing that stood out about her the most was the hair. It seemed like it was everywhere - but how gorgeous.

Long, shiny, auburn locks covered her head. She gave Spencer a small smile as she stood next to him. He inspected her from the side.

She had a small but strong frame. She was wearing a vintage plaid skirt that went right under her knees, a beige sweater vest and under it a white dressing shirt. Basically the female version of Spencer's style, right?

A badge was clipped to her belt but Spencer couldn't make out what was written on it.

She had freckles all over her face, the most on her nose. Her cheeks were slightly toned, and she had long black eyelashes that made her grey eyes stand out.

Spencer quietly cleared his throat before asking, "You new?" She nodded and shifted on her feet. "Yeah. BAU. You?"

Spencer was surprised. A new team member? Hotch hasn't said anything.

"Me too. Well I'm not new but yeah. BAU."

Before they could exchange more, the elevator stopped at their floor and they both walked out. Spencer held the glass door open for her, and then she disappeared into the office of the unit chief.

Spencer awkwardly walked to his desk, throwing his leather bag onto the chair, while Morgan eyed him suspiciously.

"What a gorgeous being you brought with you." He teased the doctor.

Prentiss snorted at his remark, and Garcia just walked out of her bat-cave.

"Oh! I heard we have a new team member! Have you met her yet?" She was really excited. Just as she is about everything. That's the thing about Penelope Garcia.

"We didn't, but Morgan's already planning on hitting on her." Prentiss replied to her, pointing her finger to Morgan who grinned at the comment.

"Well, see you in the conference room. We got a case."

After that, Penelope walked away to inform Hotch while the others headed to the boardroom.

Not long after, Garcia, Hotch and the new one walked in.

"Everyone - I'd like for you to meet our new associate." He gestured to the woman.

"SSA Violet Hankel."

While Spencer was trying to figure out if he heard him correctly, everyone was busy greeting her.

He attempted to swallow the lump that formed in his throat as she sat down next to him. "Garcia, you can start."

He couldn't concentrate on what Garcia was saying.

The new agent's last name wouldn't leave his mind.