6 • signs

• chapter warnings: spoilers for s2e11 hangover, mention of murder, prostitution •

previously:

He lead Violet out of the bar and to the subway where she made many embarrassing remarks. Spencer didn't know where she lived so he thought it'd be smarter to take her to his own place. He'd have to sleep on the couch but that's not much of a problem.

•••

The next day when Violet woke up she was confused on where she was. Panicking, she sat up from the bed and looked around. There was a glass of water and some paracetamol on the nightstand. The furniture in the room was dark brown, and the decor was mainly beige and other neutral colours.

The agent stood up and walked out of the room. She saw Spencer sitting on a couch. Next to it there was a massive bookshelf.

"Oh great you're awake. I didn't know where you lived so I brought you to my place. I hope that's alright. I slept on the couch." Spencer stood up.

"Oh...I'm so sorry. I don't remember anything from last night."

He chuckled, "Don't worry, you didn't do anything embarrassing."

•••

Violet went back to her place after saying goodbye to Spencer, and thanking him again.

•••

Violet was already at the office on Monday morning when Spencer walked in, with a notebook in his hands, walking quickly. "JJ, who's your contact at the DC police?" He asked the woman as he ran by.

"Uh, Victor Barnes. Why? You need me to call him?"

JJ couldn't even get a reply before Spencer was already typing into the phone. "Hi, Detective Barnes, please."

"What's wrong?" Violet sat on the desk next to JJ and Reid. "We need to get that to everyone as soon as possible."

Violet picked up the notebook with a badly drawn sketch of a boy from the desk. "Hi, Detective Barnes. This is Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid of the Behavioural Analysis Unit at Quantico. Have you had any recent murders involving prostitutes, maybe just Jane Does? They would've been stabbed to death and their hair would've been cut off by the killer."

There was a moment of silence as the rest of the team gathered around Spencer. "When was the most recent victim? I'll explain when I see you. I'll meet you in a half hour."

"What's going on?", Rossi asked. "DC may have a serial killer, and I think I just let him get away."