Five

The psychiatrist looked at Arnav as he slowly woke up.. It took almost two days to slowly wake him up..Arnav Singh Raizada was in coma for about two months and twenty five days. Slowly he woke up. It took him a day to familiarise himself. To able to gather everything. Then another day to figure things out. He was good to go. But needed intense Physiotherapy now. Aman sighed in relief..

But something was strange. Arnav did not even mention Khushi.. All he did was look at the door with vacant gaze at times. And laughed. Like he was mocking at himself. He never asked about Khushi. No,he asked about the Khushi he knew before. The painter one. He asked about the private detective, forgetting that he had himself stopped it,after knowing the truth..

He asked once to meet the PI. But Aman managed him,telling him to rest. It seemed Arnav had forgotten rest. Was it a good sign? It was not a matter to discuss with the doctor too. But still Aman told the doctor. The doctor told him to wait. If possible push Khushi infront of him or take him to the pent house..

But nothing was possible now. Khushi had locked herself in after waking up from the drama. She just ate,and slept. It had been two days since Naina talked to her. All she could see was a vacant look in her eyes. Like she was being haunted.. Naina was scared. That Khushi might push herself too much and fall. Arnav had already scared her enough..

Aman assured her about that. It was not so easy. There were several things that made Arnav slip. First he was an orphan. Except Aman,he had nothing. Khushi was his solace. Then he had witnessed the death of his mother,father and grandmother and the way they died was anything but good. Then Anjali,his sister died saving him. Then too,he was cheated,he had to work hard to survive. Thankfully a friend of his father helped him. He had to hide himself. His business almost collapsed numbers of times because no one was ready to trust a newcomer. Then just before meeting Khushi,he had gone to settle his family property, mostly the ancestral house where his family was burnt alive. And had to fight with his aunty and the son of his uncle legally. He had to collect proof of the accident which killed his sister,had to collect the proof that his uncle had planned to kill his mother and grandmother alongwith them. He had to face it that his father was a cheater and he had two or three stepbrothers outside..

Naina listened to all that. Slowly she calmed down..

What Aman did not know was Naina had purposefully kept the phone on loudspeaker. And Khushi's door was open. She had heard Aman mentioning Arnav. At first she was about to tell Naina to not tell Aman about her. But when she heard about how Naina was also worried about her,that she might slip like Arnav,it made her stop..

So she stood,hearing the tales of Arnav Singh Raizada. Her sniffles,Naina could hear it. But it was good. If she broke her reverie hearing the pain of the man whom she slapped and ran away,may be there was something there.

What Naina did not know was,Khushi was already breaking. She had figured things finally. That night,it snapped her. Khushi woke up..

But she did not know what to do. What to say. All she could do was,look at her own pieces. And cry. She did not remember his face. Did not remember his name.

But Arnav Singh Raizada,he had told her this. She remembered finally. So he was the man whom she was searching..

Khushi laughed and cried. Laughed for finally figuring it out. Cried,for the pain. What a fate they shared..

Naina kept the call and acted non cohlant. She was waiting for her to ask. To return to Delhi. To seek Arnav..

And Khushi did. She crossed the door where she had locked herself in. Stood before Naina.

Naina raised an eyebrow in question..

Khushi gulped. She had hurted the sister she had too..

"Naina..Take me to Delhi.. I want to see him. Please tell me how he is.."said Khushi..

But there was no word and Naina stood quite..

She could feel her. But Naina needed words. She was not going to do anything against Khushi 's free will now..

"Naina.."called out Khushi..Her tears chocking her voice. But Naina stood. Waiting for her to continue..

Because where Khushi was going,her words would tell. Was she ready to risk it all? Was she ready to look into the eyes of that man? Would she be able to hold his hands?

"Naina..Take me to him please..Take me to Delhi"said Khushi as her yellow Kurta looked forlorn as her heart..

Naina sighed..

"Khushi..Are you sure? Sure about it? That you would be able to walk forward with it all? Even though I know,It's very easy to say,forget it. But it is not easy to forget. Would you be able to look into the eyes of him? Be able to tell him,you love him? Are you in love with him?"Naina looked at Khushi and asked the questions she needed to answer..

Khushi gulped..

Naina pulled her and made her sit on a chair. And she sat beside her..

"Naina..After all this. Do you think I can ever think of another man? I have been in love with him for past ten years. Even when I thought he hurted me and left me. Without a name. Without a face. I am searching for him like crazy. From town to town, city to city. From state to state,from country to country I am only seeking him Naina. No one else. Now that he is here. Now that the fog has cleared up,how can I not go. Naina. If he is angry with me,then I would hold my ears. If he shouts,I would hear it out. But I know him Naina. He can never be angry on me. Do you know,there was a moment when he came. To save me. With wounds all over his body. Bandages red with blood as he fought. Still,he just did not look at me. Never did he point out on me or blamed. He left that night. Not even a word. I cursed at him in anger. That he was showing off. That he was pretending to be kind. That he was trying to prove how great he was. After that night,I went to his place and screamed all I could..

He was angry. I could feel it. Do you know what he did? He shouted. He too shouted back. But Naina,not a single word came that was dishonouring me. He told me,how he had came to our kingdom because my father seeked him to marry me. But to honour me,he chased me. To make me feel respected. Naina. He was not a free man. He had responsibility too. He had his kingdom. His people. He had dignity too. Our marriage was already fixed. But he tried his best to make me fall in love. With a common man. Because Naina.. Kingdom,rules,crown. All this would fade.  But love,it stays. Lover stays. He wished to become that. The ones who hold hands against all odds.

He screamed but his eyes only held pain and a tiredness. I left. Left him alone. Breaking his last hope.

And in few days he left the world..

Naina..To tell you the truth..I donot know if I love him as a lover. But I know. He can love me enough for both of us. And I trust I would give his face to the faceless figure in my dreams. And it would work out..It would Naina. Because I love him.. Anyhow I love him.."said Khushi and broke down..

Naina gulped. So Arnav hid it before.

Soon the two started for Delhi..