06

(pls comment and vote) also, i realise there will be a few parts per episode. If this is something people don't mind then great but if you'd like to see a different layout, by all means, please let me know xx

~

The trees seemed to whisper so graciously whilst two Witchers situated themselves near the side of a stream. Geralt had knelt down to pick up some herbs, more than likely to either eat or prepare for a new potion, whilst Azalea got to work on loosely tying up their horses to a nereby tree.

"Stregobor is wrong." She spoke, her head slightly turned over her shoulder whilst her hand was gently pressed against the neck of her stallion. The powerful animal ducked his head a little, as though feeling comforted by the female Witchers' touch.

"Hm." Geralt grunted in return, his yellow eyes examining the uprooted herb in his hand. It was green, of course, but he was wondering on whether it was poisonous or the herb he needed.

"You were right, naturally, but that's not what i mean." Ducking her head a little, Azalea looked at the rough, damp forest floor. Something had not felt right when Stregobor spoke of the Curse of the Black Sun. "What if...what if, like you said, innocent women were murdered to fund his delusion? And what if Renfri escaped her death? Doesn't explain the things she did, though."

Thinking it over, the thought managed to make Geralt look up with a frown before sighing. A sudden snap of a twig somewhere in the distance and yet nereby, made both Witchers flinch and look in the direction of where it came from, seeing nothing for a moment before a cloaked woman walked towards Geralt. By the uneven, wavy brunette mop of hair, Azalea knew the woman was Renfri.

Azalea sighed to herself and sat down at the root of the tree she had tied the horsed to, yawning in boredom as she lowered herself to the ground. Her scarlett eyes examined Renfri; she watched for how the woman stood and looked down at Geralt, her eyes only just being able to be made out. They seemed almost betrayed.

"The girl this morning," Renfri finally spoke, her voice cutting into the woodland silence like a sharp knife cutting through someone's skin. Painfully. "She took you both to see Stregobor, didn't she?" Renfri looked over her shoulder, casting a judgemental look towards Azalea before looking back at Geralt.

Why do people seem to prefer to look at Geralt so much more than they want to look at her? Is is the scar that runs down her face? Her eyes? Heck, would it be her dark brown waves of hair?

Geralt looked into his hands for a moment, glancing towards Azalea afterwards. She gave him a nod of affirmation, and he stood. He looked towards Renfri and stared for a moment before opening his mouth to speak.

"I know who you are, Renfri." He confessed.

"You know that i want to kill Stregobor, then." She said, but it wasn't in a questioning tone. It was a statement. She followed Geralt's movements as he approached Roach, Azalea's stallion and his best friend. "I used to be a princess. Did he tell you that? Until he sent a thug into the woods to kill me."

"Mhm." Azalea hummed as she picked herself off the floor, lightly dusting herself off before she narrowed her eyes at the woman. "He did tell us. But what i wanna know, is...did you fuck yourself to the thought of torturing a canary? Or does strangling dogs make you kick your damn feet?" Her tone was harsh, venomous and cold. It felt like razors cutting into Renfri's eardrums. Her dark eyes softened for a moment whilst her nose twitched, staring at the female Witcher.

Ever since Stregobor told them, her and Geralt, of the animalistic and beyond cruel things Renfri had done to innocent animals and the poor maid, she couldn't figure out the reasoning. And yet, Azalea still refused to believe in the curse that the wizard spoke of.