08

(pls comment and vote) p.s, should i use gifs or would people rather i didn't?

~

Azalea stood with her sword in hand, but the forest was different. Darker, flooded with the Black Ones as they prepared themselves for a battle. She was in the middle of the battle field, watching the battalions that seemed to be frozen. A chill brushed over her cheek, and with pinched brows, she put her sword back into her sword holders. With it secured on her back, Azalea glanced around a little further.

To her left were the Black Ones, and to her right were people she could never describe. But they looked like mages. 

Taking some steps forwards, Azalea approached those that didn't seem dressed and ready for a fight, and so her curiosity was piqued towards them. So many looked to quaint and dainty, elegant and like they would suit the throne, or a place at it, but they also looked tired and exhausted.

"The girl in the woods is your destiny."

Azalea saw a woman in darker clothing than the rest stand frozen on top of a rock, her chest would be rising and falling rapidly, but with being frozen in place led Azalea to only guessing it. She had dark hair, almost pitch black, in waved down her back. But the eyes were captivating. A violet hue, shaped into determinated as the woman looked towards the Black Ones.

"Yennefer?" Azalea found herself whispering, for her sister was the only known being to her that had violet eyes. When Azalea could see the similarities - although hard to do - she sprinted to the rock. She clambered it as quick as she could, not stumbling even once. "Yen!" Her voice had the ability to shatter the sky with how it had shrieked with her feelings of the several decades they were apart. "Yennefer!" For one of the first few times since the day she became a Witcher, tears began to cascade down her cheeks. She had made it, she was next to her sister of whom was frozen in place, staring out at the Black Ones with tears in her own eyes. "Yen..."

Azalea felt chills run up her spine. Something wasn't right, Yennefer wasn't replying. No one was moving. This wasn't just the calm before the storm that would be a battle, this was something more intense, more feigned. A snapshot of an event that has happened, or will happen? Azalea couldn't tell but she knew it wasn't right.

"You'll fight fire with fire, losing her."

A voice in her head seethed at Azalea, speaking of a truth that was unknwon.

"You'll look for him, but is he more important then her?"

With a shuddering breath, Azalea took a few steps away and shook her head, disbelief written on her features like it was impossible to escape the moment. Her sister was there, she was standing in front of her. But it wasn't Yennefer. Not the Yennefer she wanted, not the Yennefer she knew.

As the tears fell vigorously, Azalea turned and began to walk away with a wheeze in her breath. She was abandoning the one person she vowed to find. She had found her, real or not, and she was leaving.

"Your destiny is in the woods."

Azalea shook her head and fled the battle scene, running for the dark and crammed woods. She swatted as many branches from her face as possible, her eyes hardening and refusing to let any more tears fall until she found her friend.

"Geralt!" Her voice was shrill and ripped through the still air. It was determined and demanding to pave the way to her friend. "Geralt!" She cried again, shaking her head. The woods were endless, she would not find him here, she knew. But there was hope.

Geralt meant the work to Azalea, he meant more to her than Yennefer could at this time because Geralt was a constant, and Yennefer was a girl from her past, a family member that hadn't looked for her like she had tried to do for Yen.