09

(pls comment and vote) because of the three timelines, i won't do singular filler chapters until at least s2. I would do filler bits inside chapters but not completely, if that makes sense?

~

~ 9 YEARS LATER ~

"Hey, little sister." She greeted, standing to her full height and walking towards the girl that had just arrived.

~

Yen had fallen down, the pig food covering almost her whole front, face and part of her hair.

~

"Da!" Azalea screeched, her emotions going haywire as she rushed towards Yennefer, willing to fight to keep her sister with her.

~

"You can't take me!" Yennefer cried out, breathing heavily before looking towards Azalea for support. "I won't go."

~

"Yen!" Her tears cascaded down her face, staining her cheeks before she was grabbed by her father and restrained, unable to go any further.

~

Azalea was lurching upright, her eyes blinking and trying to get rid of the snippets. Her mind had, once again, replayed the memories she had once lived through. Instead of the whole thing, however, Azalea was only granted to see snippets of that day, like her mind was playing a joke on her.

"Fuckin' hell." She mumbled, standing up and stretching her body. She and Geralt had rented a room in the inn they were staying at. It had been nine years since the pair of them earned the title of "Butchers of Blaviken". The title gave them a bad name, yes, but they were still able to get their jobs done and earn enough coin.

Anyways, Azalea had forced Geralt to sleep on the bed and that she'd take the floor as the roles were reversed last time, but jokingly, Geralt had offered to share the bed. She wished she had taken him up on that offer, whether he was kidding or not. Her back made a couple satisfying clicks and she sighed, highly pleased that her spine doesn't feel as stiff.

"You feeling old?" The low rumble of words made Azalea roll her eyes, but she chuckled. In nine years, her feelings towards Geralt intensified greatly, but she was still able to hide it from him. She wasn't prepared to lose her several decade friendship just because her heart skips an extra beat or because she gets butterflies when he places his hand on her lower back.

"You feeling old?" Azalea repeated, mocking Geralt as she headed for her clothing and armour pieces so that she could be protected with whichever monster they would battle next. She changed swiftly, uncaring on if she accidentally flashed Geralt, she wasn't in the mood to care.

"You muttered a name under your breath." Geralt confessed, sitting up in bed. His bare chest showed, the scars glistening under the faint sunlight as the sun rose in the sky. He missed how alarmed Azalea looked at him after he had said this. "Yennefer. Who's that?"

Should she lie? No, that wouldn't be good.

"My sister." She swallowed a harsh air bubble, slowing her movements as she prepared to tell the tale of "Azalea and Yennefer". "The dream is always the same." Azalea hoped Geralt would leave it at that because, as her feelings towards the white-haired Witcher grew, so did her inability to lie to him further about her sister.

"Wanna talk about it?" Geralt's eyes were pleading, he begged to know of the past Azalea had before she was brought to Kaer Morhen by Vesemir. And with that, her hopes were crushed as she kissed her teeth, ducking her head.