Sixteen: Clumsy

Sixteen: Clumsy

*pssst...another friendly reminder that this story updates first on ritoria. its updated to ch23 there~ link in bio

***

"Anyway, onto the behavior stuff. Most of it you probably don't have to worry about because you're literally the quietest, politest person I've ever met in my life, but there are a few notable things to keep in mind," Beau continued after a moment.

Wren sat up straighter and willed his blush away. It's like Beau was trying to kill him or something.

"The first thing is honestly the weirdest, and it's one of those things that more modern families might have done away with. Basically, there's this rule that says when the omega and alpha are out in public together, they need to be touching at all times. I don't mean he needs to have his hands down your pants every second or anything, but like, holding hands, linking arms – that sort of thing. It's just a way of showing everyone how together you are or some bullshit. They probably won't care if you break the rules every now and again. You might want to ask him about what his family is going to expect, though."

Wren nodded, feeling another spike of anxiety. Holding hands was already more intimate than anything Wren had ever done in his life, so the fact that he would have to do that soon made him overthink it. What if his hand got sweaty and he needed to wipe it off? Would that count as breaking the rules? What if he had to go to the bathroom? Did Vincent have to come with him?

Seeing Wren's worried expression, Beau patted his shoulder. "It's probably not that strict. I've never done one of these courting things, and all the sources on it are either from a billion years ago, or they're from weirdo cultists that are really into that whole 'alpha superior, omega inferior' bullshit. You'll be fine, I promise."

Beau's reassurance was a bit helpful, but Wren still felt a little like running around the block a few times to get rid of the stuffy feeling growing in his chest. He shifted uncomfortably on the couch. Beau held up two fingers.

"Onto the second thing. Sex." At this point, Beau apparently couldn't maintain his serious expression, an evil grin twitching onto his face. Wren blushed, causing Beau's smile to expand. "While it's not required to have sex with each other while still in the Entanglement period, everyone's aware that the couple is probably going to bone anyway. So the books specified that if you're going to fuck, the alpha absolutely cannot knot the omega until at least the Devotion stage. It also mentioned that you should only fuck at max three times a week, but like, how is anyone going to know how many times you've done it? So go wild, bestie."

Wren focused his gaze off to the side in embarrassment, feeling like his face was on fire. It made sense, though, to prohibit knotting until the Devotion stage, considering that it increased the chances of pregnancy exponentially. Wren was pretty sure he wasn't going to have to worry about it, nonetheless.

"Another thing, if you happen to go into heat or Vincent goes into rut, you're absolutely not allowed to spend your cycles together until the Vows stage. Even if your cycles align. Unfortunately, that means the whole stealing his clothes plan might be out the window because if it sends you into heat and he notices you stole his clothes he's probably going to go into rut and knot you – just a prediction."

Wren couldn't help it this time and gave Beau a deadpan look that made the other omega burst into giggles.

"What?" he gasped between laughs. "It could happen, you know it. Especially if you get scent-drunk around him."

Wren disagreed. Although just in case he was going to get more of his medication from the doctor as soon as possible. Wren didn't think Vincent would take advantage of him if he did get scent-drunk – but what did Wren actually know about him? Nothing, really. Which should have probably set off more of a warning bell than it did, but the ball on this whole Entanglement thing was already rolling, and Wren didn't think he could stop it now.