Seventeen

'Apologies'

'Apologies'

--**--

"Jenna," Elena said in disbelief as she looked at her "dead" aunt.

"No way," Jeremy said with tears in his eyes.

Jenna smiled at her niece and nephew, "Hey, guys."

"How is this possible? I thought it was against nature to bring the dead back?" Elena asked looking at Malena, who had a small smile on her face.

"She wasn't supposed to die, Elena. The sun and moon curse was never supposed to exist," Malena said to the young girl.

"My sister told me that it wasn't Jenna's time but since Esther's mistake those years affected her future," Lucifer said looking at the young group.

"Klaus never needed to perform the ritual, his blood can naturally turn werewolves into hybrids. Esther was not supposed to create the curse, she used my son's blood to create a war between supernatural creatures," Malena explained. "Esther hated that my husband or I couldn't help her have a child. So, she took mine and knew that Klaus would figure out that he wasn't human due to the werewolf side. Mikael became a vampire using my children's blood and Esther pretended that she created vampires so my children wouldn't figure out that they were already immortal." 

"Still. Your son killed innocent people, and still killed my aunt and me," Elena said to Malena.

"Elena, every vampire has killed an innocent person at least once or a few times. And no one is ever innocent. And like my father said, Jenna was never supposed to die."

"Elena, she brought Jenna back. That's what matters," Jeremy said to his sister.

"And that fixes everything?"

"No, it doesn't. But come on, Jenna is here," Jeremy replied as he went to hug his aunt who had a smile on her face.

When Jenna and Jeremy pulled apart, the strawberry blonde looked at her niece, "Elena, even though this is weird to say. I am so happy to be alive again."

"I'm happy you're alive," Elena told her aunt.

"Then thank Malena and Lucifer, if it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here standing before you."

"I don't want a thank you, Ms. Sommers. I just want for us all to not be at each other's throats," Malena said to them.

"We want to come to an agreement," Elijah said to the friend group.

"What do you want?" Damon asked.

"As my mother said before, we want to stay here," Rebekah replied.

"And a few apologies should be exchanged," Malena added.

"Apologies?" Stefan questioned.

Malena nodded, "Yes. Elena apologizes to my daughter for stabbing her in the back. And my children will apologize for causing harm to you and your friends." 

"Since my mother arranged this dinner, I will go first," Rebekah started and stood up from her chair. "Elena, I am sorry for causing harm to you and your friends." Rebekah looks to Stefan, "Stefan, I am sorry for stabbing you when we came to Mystic Falls. And Caroline, I am sorry for causing problems between you and Tyler after he became a hybrid." Rebekah then grabbed her glass of wine and chugged the whole drink. "That was much needed after all that."

Rebekah sat back down on her chair. Elijah then stood up with a glass of bourbon in his hand, "Ms. Elena, I am sorry for using you at first to get my brother out of hiding. And my apologies for the lies in the beginning."

Elijah sat down and looked at Klaus, who was filling up his drink. Malena cleared her throat to catch her sons' attention. Klaus looked up to see everyone looking at him, "I didn't drink enough for this."

Klaus stood up from his seat with his drink in hand, "As a promise to my mother which I don't want to break." He looks at the other side of the table to face Elena and her friends, "I am sorry for everything that I have done to you all. For hurting you and your loved ones."

Klaus quickly sat down and chugged the rest of his drink before refilling it. "That was painful for me to do," Klaus muttered under his breath making his mother quietly laugh. 

"Elena," Jenna said making her niece look at her. "It's your turn."

"I did what was necessary," Elena tried to defend her actions.

"And they did what was necessary. Try to be in their shoes for the last thousands of years, would you have not done the same?"

"She's right, Elena," Bonnie said. "I think we all did actions that we all thought were necessary at the time."

"Elena, I have never asked you to do anything before, but right now, I am asking," Jenna paused for a second, "no. I am telling you to apologize."

Elena looked at her aunt in disbelief.

"Elena, just do it," Jeremy said to his sister.

Elena huffs, "Fine. Rebekah, I am sorry for stabbing you in the back. It was wrong for me to do, especially when you thought of me as a friend at the time."

Rebekah smiled knowing that Elena didn't like the apology, she had to give. "Apology accepted."

Malena clapped her hands together, "Now, that is done. We should talk about the agreement."

"What kind of agreement are we talking about here?" Damon asked.

"One that will benefit us all," Jardani answered.

"And also challenge us," Malena finished.