Chapter 1

So I was reading Leah/Jacob stories and thought, Wow, this is an awesome pair! Well, I love odd pairings! And so I thought I would try to write a story with Leah and Jacob. Jacob is one of my favorite wolves along with Seth and Embry. Leah is an awesome she-wolf! She has an attitude which I think is amazing! There's so much you can do with her...she was so unappreciated in the books.

XXXXXXXXX

I used to think that everything in my life would never go wrong. I used to enjoy the simple things in life. I loved talking walks down First beach, watching Saturday Night Live with my family and my friends, going to the mall with my girl friends. It was the simple things that made me smile. I was always the happy girl—some would say the female version of my younger brother, Seth—with the wonderful boyfriend, a group of great friends, and my cousin who was practically my sister and my best friend.

Life was great! But I guess...things can turn a little sour when you find that same "wonderful" boyfriend screwing your cousin.

In your house.

On your bed.

A week before your birthday.

Oddly enough, I didn't run in there screaming like a wild banshee. People pegged me as overdramatic back then. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. A part of me was hoping that it was all some horrible nightmare and I would wake up and everything would go back to normal. But when I realized it didn't, that's when everything else began to fall apart.

My parents were on the verge of divorce and I would have taken that other than what happened to my dad. My father died of a heart attack exactly 2 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours, and 12 minutes after I found Sam and Emily in my bed. My mother...she took to Charlie, my dad's best friend (yeah right), very quickly and soon they were dating. I didn't understand why she would date dad's best friend not even 6 months after he died but that's what happened. It was disgusting to see my mom being groped by someone other than my father...well, that was gross too but I would take that than some white guy with a fuller version of Hitler's mustache.

Most of my friends were guys. That was kind of a given because I was not a fan of the bitchy drama that girls seemed to bring everywhere. The only reason Emily was my best friend because she was this down to earth, kind girl that would light up a room. She would put a smile on anyone's face. But she put a permanent scowl on mine every time she would try to talk to me now. My misery was projected to everyone around me and I didn't care. Embry, Quil, Jacob, Paul and everyone else clearly hated being around me. When I wasn't being a bitch to anyone that looked at me funny, I was locked up in my room with a pint of Ben + Jerry's ice cream and crying about how miserable my life was.

Oh and I almost forgot the part where I phase into a giant dog! I always feel like a caused my father's death...I phased a couple of hours before he collapsed into the mossy ground a couple of feet away from me. Seth had tried to assure me that it was just a freak accident but in my ears, I heard, "Leah, you were a freak accident,"

I killed my father.

I lost the love of my life.

My best friend stole that love from me. She's living the life that was supposed to be mine. But now I'm just a genetic dead end that murders old men on accident and loves to make people feel her misery.

It never made sense that everything had to happen to me. I was miserable, sexually frustrated, a werewolf, and I was stuck in La Push, Washington for virtually the rest of my life. Every time I try to leave, I always seem to get dragged back. Once, I had almost exposed myself by showing my friend from college a picture of me when I was still in high school. I looked the same...so I ended up going back home to help fight the battle against that red headed vamp and her newborn army. Did I mention that werewolves are immortal until they stop phasing? Yeah...so until these vamps go away for good, I'm stuck doing patrol under Sam's command so the Cullens don't break the treaty.