Day 1

───────☆───────

He sat there, the sound of the strong winds outside playing in his ears.

The university library was buzzing with the hum of students flipping through pages, tapping on keyboards, and murmuring softly to each other.

At a corner table was where Wooyoung was sat, glancing intermittently at his textbook but mostly observing the atmosphere around him.

A soft laugh interrupted his daydreaming, the sound seemingly louder than any of the other quietened noises in the building.

His attention was drawn to the source and he caught sight of a girl sitting on a table a little ways away among her group of friends.

He couldn't seem to avert his gaze from her, the sun's rays from outside catching her hair perfectly, showing off the golden undertones.

Her smile seemed even more radiant somehow. Wooyoung caught himself staring but couldn't turn away.

Or maybe he didn't want to.

Eyes lingering, the boy completely forgot about the work in front of him.

...

And the other boy sitting next to him.

Who had been talking for the past fifteen minutes, yet Wooyoung had chosen to tune him out.

"Sorry. Obviously, Hana has something more important to say."

Wooyoung turned his head slightly in the older boy's direction but his brown eyes remained fixed on the girl sitting in his direct line of view.

"Hm?"

Yeosang rolled his eyes, forcefully grabbing the boy's jaw and turning his face back towards him.

"I've covered for you so many times, Wooyoung. The deadline for this group project is soon and you're still not done with your part."

"I'm trying, Yeosang."

Releasing his face, the older boy arched a brow.

"Really? Because you seem more focussed on Hana."

"Her name's Hana?"

"Yes. I've already said that. And if you were actually paying attention to me, you would've heard."

"Oh, shut up, Yeosang. I'm focussed."

"The others in the group are pissed. You're lucky I'm trying to help you. But if you don't focus for once, I'm literally going to give up with you. And then what? You're - "

"Screwed. Yes, I get it," Wooyoung said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

His gaze went to the textbook in front of him and the blank word document open on Yeosang's laptop.

But thoughts of Hana lingered in his mind.

───────☆───────