Day 5

───────☆───────

It was unusual to see the boy in the library, that too on a Friday, and yet there he sat. A solitary figure in a private booth with frosted glass that allowed him to see outside his cubicle but prevented people from clearly seeing inside.

Wooyoung absentmindedly rocked side to side in his swirly chair placed at the small table, his laptop open and forgotten on the side as he stared at his phone that he had propped up against his water bottle.

While watching a drama, he picked at the fried chicken that he bought from the takeout stall near the campus. What he was supposed to be doing was extra studying but after finding that his thoughts kept drifting back to the girl he had been with in high school, he decided to ditch that initial plan.

Oblivious to the time, Wooyoung's brown eyes were glued to the screen. Every time anything remotely connected to romance displayed itself in what he was watching, he would instantly switch to a different show, eventually settling on a classic murder mystery. Because who has time for romance when there's a killer on the loose, right?

Wrong.

A tender scene came on and Wooyoung almost choked on his chicken. Dusting off the crumbs from his hands, he went to change the unfinished drama once again, trying not to be tempted to continue by the fact that he still didn't know who the murderer was.

As soon as he pressed the button to turn off the screen, a knock on the glass door sounded loudly in the private booth of the library that he had booked.

The sudden noise caused Wooyoung to jump, hitting the table, making the boy drop his phone to the ground as a result. He let out a groan as his water bottle followed suit, clattering loudly onto the carpeted floor, its half open lid coming off.

Hurriedly, he picked it up, minimising the amount of water spilling from the opening. The knocks became incessantly louder.

"Hold on, would you?"

"You're taking up my time!" A muffled voice came from the other side of the door.

The boy started panicking as he tried to close his water bottle and get his stuff in order. He quickly checked the clock and realised that he had in fact run over his pre-booked timings for that booth.

Mumbling curses under his breath, he stuffed the takeaway box into his back along with his bottle. As he bent down to pick his phone up, his eyes caught sight of a small plush keychain on the floor under the table. His hair fell over his eyes slightly as he tilted his head, wondering why it looked so familiar.

That's when Wooyoung realised where he had seen it before.

The knocking suddenly became louder, prompting Wooyoung to grab the keychain and gather all his stuff into his arms. He unlocked the door, meeting the angry face of a taller boy.

"Jeez. Finally. I have an exam in like an hour."

Wooyoung, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment, mumbled out an apology before stepping out of the way, allowing the fuming boy to enter the room.

"Ugh. Next time, be less messy."

His embarrassment increased, the tips of his ears turning red as he bowed his head and apologised once again.

Once the door shut, he let out a sigh and let his head drop back. Before bringing it back and allowing his gaze to linger on the Corgi plush in his hand.

The same plush keychain that he saw attached to Hana's bag in the café that day.

───────☆───────