Day 3

───────☆───────

"Do you want some?"

As Wooyoung stared at the crumpled packet of crisps held open in his direction, a small smile made its way onto his face. Yeosang would always offer whatever food he had brought during lectures. Even if it was the only thing he could have afforded with his budget for the day.

"It's alright. I'll get my own snacks during the break. Thanks, Yeosang."

The boy only shrugged in response and Wooyoung turned his attention back to the lecturer. He stole another glance at Yeosang and noticed how he would practically spend ages working on just one crisp.

He frowned softly but then focussed on the lecture. As soon as they had been given a break for a while, Wooyoung stood up, grabbing his phone. He took his jacket off from the back of his chair, ready to go to the student cafe and grab himself a drink.

Yeosang remained immersed in his work.

"You want anything?"

The older boy's eyes flitted up briefly before going back to the document open on his laptop. "Don't worry about it, Woo. I'm fine. I would've come with you but I just need to finish this one thing before it somehow leaves my brain. Thanks though."

"Alright then. See you in a bit."

Yeosang hummed in acknowledgment as Wooyoung made his way to the student cafe on the ground floor.

Absentmindedly, he joined the queue, engrossed in some new app that he had downloaded on his phone. It was supposed to something to help organise all his assignments, but right now, all it was doing was being a hindrance.

In frustration, he turned off his phone, shoving the device into his pocket. It was only then that he noticed the almost shimmering locks of the girl standing in front of him in the queue. His eyes widened when he realised it was Hana. He quickly cleared his throat, debating on whether or not this was a good time to maybe start a conversation.

Before he could decide on it, she went ahead to the counter and started ordering. His eyes were fixed on her back when he got sight of a small Corgi plush keychain attached to her bag's zip. He didn't even notice the girl looking slightly flustered as she fumbled with her card at the cashier.

"C'mon, really?" Hana muttered under her breath, swiping her card again, but the cashier shook their head.

That caught his attention.

"Sorry, ma'am, it seems like the card got declined. Do you have another form of payment?" The cashier asked politely.

Hana's eyes widened, her cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Oh, no, this can't be happening now. I don't have any cash, and I'm already running late for my next class."

Wooyoung overheard the conversation and, without thinking twice, stepped forward, his voice coming out smoothly, "Don't worry about it. I've got this."

Hana turned to him, a mix of surprise and gratitude in her eyes. Though there was a little underlying look of skepticism. "Oh, you really don't have to, but thank you."

The blond offered a reassuring smile, "No problem, it's on me." He reached into his pocket, pulling out a coffee card with multiple stamps. "Actually, I've got a free coffee coming up with this, and it needs another stamp. So, let me help you out."

Hana chuckled nervously as she averted her gaze, "I appreciate it. I'll pay you back somehow...if I see you again."

Wooyoung shook his head, waving off the idea, "No need for that. Just consider it a friendly gesture." He handed his coffee card to the cashier, covering Hana's order.

As soon as her cup was placed on the counter, Hana hastily grabbed it.

"I hope we bump into..." Wooyoung began, but trailed off when he looked up and noticed that she had already left the café. His cheeks flushed pink as he stared at the sliding doors which had shut. He didn't even realise that the cashier was calling for him.

"Sir!"

His head snapped back to the counter.

"Are you going to order anything yourself?"

The boy stammered slightly until hearing a ping coming from his phone. A text from Yeosang. Saying the break had long since finished and the professor was starting the next half of the lecture.

"Um...no. Sorry. I actually have to get back as well," he said, embarrassed as he pocketed his phone and quickly made his way out of the student café. Also apologising again over his shoulder again as he left.

───────☆───────