Chapter Eleven

"What did you speak about with my father?"

"Nothing important, you don't need to concern yourself about me, Zuko"

The fire nation prince blushes, before letting out an awkward cough.

"I'm not concerned about you, who said anything like that?"

You chuckle at his denial, before putting your index and middle fingers on his chest, walking them up until they reach his neck.

Your dainty fingers lay against his Adam's apple, making him more nervous.

"Don't even try to lie, I heard your conversation with Azulan"

You lean closer to his face as you speak, enjoying the sight of his blushing face.

"I don't think a girl like you would enjoy being with someone with a scar like me"

His words made you feel deep sadness as you move your fingers up to touch his scar.

"Don't listen to your brother, he understands nothing about girls"

"Really?"

"Of course, girls like me like kind souls like you, not cruel souls"

"Are you being honest?" Zuko asked, his gaze meeting mine.

"Absolutely," I replied with a smile.

"In fact, I think your scar makes you even more unique and special. Don't you agree?"

Zuko hesitated for a moment, before nodding slowly.

"I guess you're right," he said.

"It's just hard sometimes, you know? To feel like you're not good enough."

"You are more than good enough, Zuko," you said firmly.

"You are a compassionate person, and that's what really matters. Don't ever forget that."

Zuko looked up at you, his eyes full of gratitude and admiration.

"Thank you," he said softly.

"I needed to hear that."

It was moments like these that made you realize how important it was to be there for him, to be a source of comfort and encouragement in his life.

Even if you sounded cliche, but Zuko truly felt like a disappointment, the only people who encouraged him was his uncle and mother.

So, for him, it's nice to hear it from a third person outside of his family.

"Can I kiss you?"

Your eyes widens at his request, this time your face heating up.

"It will only be a kiss on the lips even though I have never kissed before, I promise you that I will be gentle-"

You lean towards him and place your cold lips against his warm ones.

The fact that it feels so good to kiss someone from the fire nation due to the warmth.

You pull away and and smile at him.

"Did you enjoy it?"

Zuko nods his head quickly.

"Yes, can we kiss again?"

"No"

You giggle when you see his disappointed puppy expression.

Yet, before you could tell that you were joking, the door slams open, and Azulan walks in.

"Guess what, Zuzu? we are going on a vacation!"

"(Y/n) is not coming?"

That the first thing Zuko inquires after the announcement.

Azulan smirks as he moves his amber eyes towards you.

"She is coming, as she is very essential to the vacation"